Natural grocery store on hold amid Conifer Town Center woes

07 Feb 2015 12:23 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Natural grocery on hold amid Town Center woes
By Gabrielle Porter
Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lawsuits, a bankruptcy filing and muddled maintenance responsibilities at the Conifer Town Center have put a company’s plan to open a natural grocery store on hold, but Jeffco officials are hopeful the situation will be untangled soon.

Denver-based Leadership Circle LLC in late October filed a site development plan application to open a specialty grocery store in the Conifer Town Center. While the company can move forward and get its application approved by the county, a litigious morass of red tape has prevented it from obtaining a building permit, said Jeffco planner Alan Tiefenbach.

The problems date to the development of the Conifer Town Center, which houses Safeway, and revolve around responsibility for the center’s roads and retaining walls, which were never completed according to county-approved plans. Until the center’s current owners and metropolitan district make a plan to bring the roads and walls up to the county’s expectations, no further development will be allowed.

Read more on the Conifer Towne Center background here: www.hightimbertimes.com/content/natural-...mid-town-center-woes

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Feb 2015 10:09 #2 by homeagain
WHAT a surprise....the fubar that was "finished" was farmed out to a "city" contractor (Tarco)...gee, I
guess the choice to CLEAR CUT the land was kinda questionable,huh? What a piece of excrement the entire project has become.....

09 Feb 2015 10:48 #3 by OmniScience
I remember talking to the developers at Con-i-Fair back around 2001. Bunch of liars. One of their big selling points was the medical center that was going in there. Never happened. Not suprised that its become such a mess. Gotta love bankruptcy protection.

09 Feb 2015 11:00 - 09 Feb 2015 11:01 #4 by homeagain
What poetic justice IF Natural Grocers went into the vacated Alco space....THAT would make
the OLD Safeway center pretty much occupied and THRIVING....while the wasted NEW center lanquishes. One would only hope that KARMA creates that scenario.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds