Wistfully wondering about the WESTERN SLOPE

14 Feb 2015 07:49 #1 by homeagain
Been on the FRONT RANGE way too long....since the late 60's....changes I've seen are sad and sorrowful and so-o-o entertaining the idea of moving to Delta/Montrose. Seems even Grand Junction is getting greatly crowded. Anyone KNOW the Montrose/Delta area intimately? Pro's and Con's provided would be wonderful and helpful. THANKS in advance for any insight. :vballoons: OH, and HAPPY HEART DAY..... :vballoons:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2015 13:42 #2 by dawgsfan
I hear Delta is far greater than Montrose simple because it is closer to the amenities offered in Grand Junction.

Good Luck with the move.

17 Feb 2015 14:00 #3 by intheaspens
Man, I hear ya, homeagain. We're looking at getting out of Dodge too. I don't think developers will be happy until every square inch of the 285 corridor is filled with Walmarts and Home Depots.

Montrose and Delta are pretty nice, but have you looked in the Hotchkiss/Crawford area? Not as close to GJ, but not far from there - sort of the third point of a triangle from Montrose and Delta.

17 Feb 2015 14:09 #4 by homeagain
Hotchkiss,surrounding area STILL get alot of snow. My aching bones of 68YO tell me it's time to store
the snowblower and do something different. I've live in Alaska and Colorado for 65 of 68 years and the
Western slope is calling to me. BTW...an exceptional split log home in the MLS for Hotchkiss....at
a VERY reasonable price point....just saw it about a week ago on the net....worth seeing if it's still
available.

17 Feb 2015 14:57 #5 by intheaspens
LOL! :snowplow:

Can't blame ya for that! It is a beautiful area.

We're looking in the Salida/Canon/Westcliffe area - due east a ways from there but still far, far away from Denver.

22 Feb 2015 10:59 #6 by homeagain
It's becoming a reality....over Monarch to Montrose THIS Wed.-Fri.... looking for lovely lodging to call
home. House will hit MLS in March...Spring Storm Season :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowplow:

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds