He's dead Jim . . .

27 Feb 2015 11:28 #1 by PrintSmith
Leonard Nimoy - dead from final stages of COPD at age 83

www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/televisi...dies-at-83.html?_r=0

He joins creator Gene Roddenberry, DeForrest Kelley, James Doohan, Majel Barrett and others from Star Trek who will live now only in our memories.

Alav Ha-sholom Leonard . . . and thanks for the life lessons along the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2015 11:47 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic He's dead Jim . . .
I am so incredibly sad - his was my favorite character, and probably my biggest inspiration to go into science in the first place. May he rest in peace.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Mar 2015 16:36 #3 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic He's dead Jim . . .
This scene is especially poignant now . . .

Sad to remember that DeForrest Kelley and James Doohan (appropriately piping Spock to his burial) are also no longer with us . . .

04 Mar 2015 19:59 #4 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic He's dead Jim . . .
I just had to share this . . .

It was late in his career when I met Leonard -- 2010 at the Space Foundation’s annual Space Symposium. The altitude of Colorado Springs (6,000+ feet) was already affecting his weakened lungs, his frailty already apparent.

But a trooper he was, and for an hour at the Space Technology Hall of Fame dinner, he held 1,200 rocket scientists, astronauts and engineers in thrall as he described his journey Where No Man Had Gone Before.

To be present was to see a room full of the most brilliant people in the world, reduced to child-like glee by the personal connection that Leonard made with all of them.

Thanks, Leonard Nimoy, for helping to shape an optimistic view of our future, and reminding us that there are always possibilities.

www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/02/27/remembering-leonard-nimoy/

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

06 Mar 2015 17:25 #5 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic He's dead Jim . . .
Halarious! Canadians are "Spocking" Fivers. Good for them. RIP Spock

thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/spocking-bank..._source=twitter_self

"WE SADLY LOST Star Trek legend Leonard Nimoy last Friday, but Canadians have found a suitable way to honour him. Bank of Canada have had to ask fans to stop defacing the national currency in tribute to the actor, as an increased amount of ‘spocking’ has hit five dollar notes."

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds