Introduction

18 Jan 2017 19:18 #11 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Introduction
Any issues between the guinea pigs and the cat?

ScienceChic wrote: Welcome puppypaws! We're a fun bunch once you get to know us so please do jump right on in!

This is my pretty boy, Beauregard.

And his companion, Sammy, who amazingly lets my daughter snuggle with him all the time.

And our latest additions, my son finally got the 2 guinea pigs last Thanksgiving that he's wanted for years after getting good grades his first trimester. This is Hammy, his brother Squeakes declined to come out. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2017 12:20 #12 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Introduction
Between those guinea pigs and that cat, no. :) Sammy was older and not into playing at all anymore; sadly, he passed away fall of 2015. Unfortunately, we also lost the guinea pigs a few months after my post April 2015. My son had an unfortunate habit of showing his piggies off to friends by taking them outside in the summer (which we warned him repeatedly wasn't safe) and a neighbor's dog got hold of one, Squeakes, while his owner was walking him and broke his back grabbing him in his mouth. The other guinea pig, Hammie, was 12 years old (ancient in guinea pig time) and he died not long after when he started refusing to eat (guinea pigs are very social creatures and don't like to be alone).

We've since gotten two kittens from IMHS and 2 new guinea pigs from Foothills Animal Shelter! The kittens are Pepper (a boy) and Shadow (a girl), and the 2 pigs are girls named Hamlet and Squeaklet. :) The pigs stay safe in their cage in my son's room 24/7 now, and the kittens are sometimes naughty and like to bat at them through the bars (we upgraded to a fully enclosed cage, included a top) when we're in there, but otherwise they behave.

Thanks for asking!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

01 Apr 2017 06:30 #13 by markroberts
Replied by markroberts on topic Introduction
Hey there! Newbie here. Looking forward to some great discussions. :)

01 Apr 2017 20:35 #14 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Introduction
Welcome to the site markroberts, we're glad you've joined us! Please feel free to make yourself at home, start any topics on things that interest you, fill out your Profile Page, and ask any questions you may have about the site or the area! Be sure to check out our daily mountain weather forecasts, exclusive webcams showing the highway conditions, and the best community calendar in the area to find out what's happening!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds