Carjacking in Evergreen today

10 Mar 2015 17:55 - 31 Aug 2016 16:39 #1 by mountaindollar
So around lunch time we got an emergency alert notification from Jeffco all it stated was they were looking for a man and was not believed to be armed.

There was no description and there were a ton of cops by Safeway.

My sister said she heard it was a carjacking anyone know? We never got a call back to say he was in custody and I still can not believe all they said is that it was a man.

At the time I got the call there were two men in the store doubt he would have run to the nearest Dollar Store to go shopping but you would think we would have gotten a little more info and a call back after he was in custody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2015 21:49 #2 by ScienceChic
Yes, it was an auto theft. I was on my way to the ICFPD Donation Acceptance Ceremony so I only had time to quickly re-tweet the Jeffco Sheriff's posts as I got there. This was what they posted on their Facebook page:

Wondering what's going on in the 3800 block of Evergreen Parkway right now? #Jeffco

Deputies are searching for an auto theft suspect described as a white or Latino male with tattoos who was last seen wearing a black hat, gray hoodie, white tank top, white sunglasses and white shorts.

If you see this suspect, do not approach him. Instead, call 911.

At this time, we do not believe any weapons are involved; one female suspect is in custody; and two schools have been placed on lock out: Montessori and Rocky Mountain Academy. Jeffco Public Schools ~ Colorado

You can see a map of the affected area--about a 1/4 mile radius-- here . You can hear the CodeRED message here: jeffco.us/sheriff/emergencies/

Almost immediately after they put up a perimeter, they were breaking it back down and lifting school lock outs. Less than an hour after the initial post, this message was tweeted:

UPDATE: With citizen's help, deputies just found & arrested Evergreen auto theft suspect on Palo Verde RD #GoodWork #Jeffco

My apologies for not getting it cross-posted here. I was driving from meeting to meeting at the time everything went down so I couldn't post. Everything ended well though!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds