An Irish tale . . .

17 Mar 2015 13:31 - 17 Mar 2015 13:33 #1 by PrintSmith
A man walks into an Irish bar in Denver one Saturday night and orders 3 pints. The bartender fills his order and watches as the man sits at the bar taking alternate sips from all 3 glasses until each is empty.

Raising his hand to catch the bartender's attention, he requests another 3 pints be brought to him. The bartender tells him that he would be happy to serve him one at a time to keep the beer fresher instead of bringing all 3 at once, but the man declines, explaining that he has 2 brothers, all of them sons of Erin, and that one brother now lives in Australia, one remains in Ireland and he now lives here in America. When they were all in Ireland they used to get together on Saturday night and have a couple of pints and that this was they way that they chose to continue that tradition even though they were now separated.

"That's a nice story" the bartender says, "Thanks for sharing it with me." The man becomes a regular on Saturday nights in the bar and the bartender enjoys sharing the story with anyone who takes notice of the odd behavior.

One Saturday night, the man walks in and orders 2 pints instead of the usual three. The bartender is puzzled, but brings the man the 2 pints and then watches as he drinks them as before. The man orders his second round, as is usual, but again only requests 2 pints, drinks them down in the normal fashion and departs.

Next Saturday night, the man returns, and again only orders 2 pints instead of 3. When he brings the man his order, the bartender says to him, "Tonight the beers are on me in memory of your departed brother." The man looks puzzled for a moment and then starts laughing. "Oh no my friend", he says, "no one has died, I just gave up drinking!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Mar 2015 14:15 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic An Irish tale . . .
:like: :paddykaraok

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds