Poison Wine?

20 Mar 2015 21:33 #1 by FredHayek
Poison Wine? was created by FredHayek
Report today that cheaper wines like $2 Buck Chuck are carrying five times the legal limit of arsenic in water. :studying: SC, running formulas to see how many glasses you can drink per day and still live? :givemebeer:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2015 22:13 #2 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Poison Wine?
Well, I'd suggest not feeding that wine to your mice. It will probably kill them:

Low doses of arsenic cause cancer in male mice

Mice exposed to low doses of arsenic in drinking water, similar to what some people might consume, developed lung cancer, researchers at the National Institutes of Health have found.

www.nih.gov/news/health/jul2014/niehs-08.htm

But for people, especially if you are into alternative medicine, then I guess you can drink up!

Arsenic is a trace element. It is found in several foods including seafood, poultry, grains (especially rice), bread, cereal products, mushrooms, and dairy products. Some forms of arsenic are used as medicine.

Despite serious safety concerns, arsenic is often used as a part of extremely diluted homeopathic remedies that are used for digestive disorders, food poisoning, sleep problems (insomnia), allergies, anxiety, depression, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Arsenic is also contained in traditional Chinese medicine formulas and used for psoriasis; syphilis; asthma; joint pain (rheumatism); hemorrhoids; cough; itchiness; cancer; to reduce swelling (as an anti-inflammatory agent); and as a general tonic and pain-killer.

Healthcare providers sometimes give arsenic trioxide intravenously (by IV) to treat a type of bloodcancer called acute promyelocytic leukemia. This arsenic product is available by prescription only.

www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingre...gredientname=arsenic

As with anything in life, it's complicated.

Cheers! :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds