Public Service Announcement from the Park County Sheriff's Office

24 Mar 2015 09:53 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Park County Sheriff's Office

March 23rd 2015

Public Service Announcement from the Park County Sheriff's Office.

There was a horrifying case in Longmont last week where a women answering a Craigslist ad was attacked, cut open and had her baby removed. this has brought to light significant safety issues for the public.

As a result Law Enforcement agencies across the nation are working with citizens to offer their buildings and grounds to people to conduct Craigslist business.

The Park County Sheriff's Office would like to join other agencies in offering the Sheriff's Office parking lot in Fairplay for use as a "safe haven" for buyers and sellers. Staff won't oversee or participate in transactions, but we will be close and our parking lot is monitored by camera.

When answering a Craigslist ad please conduct business in the day time. Use a public place. Another word of advice would be to tell someone where you are going, and who you are meeting with. make sure to take your cell phone.

If you are purchasing firearms one recommendation would be to go to a licensed gun shop and remember under Colorado law, a background check is necessary for the sale of firearms. There is a small state charge and the gun dealer may charge a small fee for this service. This would be a safe way to transfer firearms. Make sure you make an appointment with the gun shop in advance.

Stay Safe Colorado

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Mar 2015 10:33 #2 by FredHayek

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Mar 2015 13:15 #3 by ScienceChic
I know someone who had items stolen from her when she met with someone once. Thankfully she was in public and was able to ID the thief, but as evidenced from the poor lady who lost her baby, much worse things can happen.

I'm glad the Park County Sheriff put this out - it was very good of them!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Mar 2015 14:47 #4 by mountaindollar
This is great but I wish they would offer this in Bailey also.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds