Aurora Police seek parents of abandoned girl left at restaurant

20 Apr 2015 08:21 #2 by ScienceChic
Update:
Aurora Police locate parents of abandoned girl left at restaurant
Wayne Harrison, TheDenverChannel
Apr 19, 2015

The Aurora Police Department have located the parents of an abandoned girl. Police tweeted just after 10 p.m. that they were interviewing the parents.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Apr 2015 09:00 #3 by ScienceChic
I just shared this on our FB page, and wanted to put it here too. This is worth your time to read. Share it, ask others to help who maybe have been considering adoption.

"Regarding that story from last night about the little girl that was abandoned, there were many comments on the The Denver Channel post by people offering to take her home, and a couple here as well. My cousin is a lawyer who works with social services in another state, and she shared this heartbreaking story only a few days ago - it made me bawl. She's encountered children who just needed a little positive attention and when given it made them light up, and ask her to take them home (how she hasn't adopted a whole slew of them is beyond me - I'd have a house full). If you were serious about adopting this little girl, please consider becoming a foster parent - there are so many more out there who are in need of a good loving home."

The Child I Didn’t Adopt
by Liz Curtis Faria

It was something about the phrasing that got to me. Something about the cadence of his words, the staccato of his speech.

“Nobody loves me. Not even my mother who gave birth to me.”

It is an odd turn of phrase, isn’t it?

He was buckled into the backseat of my Toyota, still too little to sit up front. At seven he had already moved more times than the total number of years he had been on the earth. And this time, like the times before it, he moved with his belongings in a trash bag. A suitcase, at least, would have added a small degree of dignity to the whole affair – to being “placed” in another and another and yet another foster home before reaching the 3rd grade. Trash bags break, you know. Trash bags can’t possibly support the contents of any life, and certainly not a life as fragile as this.

They break from the strain, eventually.

<snip>

Nine-year old Stephen grips his report card in sweaty hands. ...he wants to impress them, these strangers. He wants to win them over, and so he brings his good report card along as tangible proof that he is a child worth loving.

A child should never have to prove they are worth loving.

- See more at: www.scarymommy.com/the-child-i-didnt-ado...sthash.eDoBsrlX.dpuf

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds