Safeway and King Soopers Update

25 Apr 2015 16:51 - 08 May 2015 14:33 #1 by HappyCamper
Ok, I know I am behind the times I just loaded the new Safeway app for my Android and am loving it plan on using it the next time I shop I like that it tells you what aisle the product is on.

I thought this is cool so I loaded Kings which is where we typically shop but have been avoiding with all the construction going on. I have to say Safeway in my eyes is easier to use, love the barcode scanner on the Safeway app have not found it on the Kings app yet.

Overall I think I will be hooked on these as I hate grocery shopping. This is a problem because I love cooking but I hate searching for an item.

I know Kings also tells you what aisle but the Kings is so messed up with construction right now most items are not listed with the aisle.

Have you used these apps? Please tell me all about them I would love to know the pros and cons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2015 09:39 #2 by ScienceChic
I had no idea that the apps would give you that kind of detail of what aisle to find a product - that's awesome!

Unfortunately, I have no experience with either app and can't help with a review - I send hubby to the store to shop as that's his forte (and love). :P I'll let him know about it and see if he'd be interested in downloading and testing it. I wonder - do they have coupons/specials listed on the app?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Apr 2015 10:35 #3 by HappyCamper
Yes, the coupons and all the normal online stuff it available. When using the scanner if there is a coupon available in their list it tells you so you can add it. It also give you the info for the coupon like do you need to buy three of the item to get the discount.

If you are at the store you can scan the barcode and it will give you the price and if it is on sale kind of cool!!!!

08 May 2015 14:36 - 08 May 2015 14:37 #4 by HappyCamper
Just an update I used the Safeway app today shopping and the barcode scanner I was able to get 5 more coupons for items I bought but hadn't loaded the coupons.

I also was looking for an item and could not find it so did a search and it told me what aisle it was in.

They have some great Friday deals today.

Overall I really thought the app was great will try Kings next big shopping I do.

08 May 2015 22:55 #5 by gmule
I use the food.com app to meal plan and try new recipes. It syncs up with Kings and Safeway sale adds and suggest meals by what is on sale along with any other recipes you have loaded in your meal plan. I also like that I can work on a menu at different times while on the go so that meal planning is a leisure activity now.

09 May 2015 08:07 #6 by HappyCamper

gmule wrote: I use the food.com app to meal plan and try new recipes. It syncs up with Kings and Safeway sale adds and suggest meals by what is on sale along with any other recipes you have loaded in your meal plan. I also like that I can work on a menu at different times while on the go so that meal planning is a leisure activity now.

I will have to check that one out sounds like another time saver which I am all for.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds