Let your lawns die

06 May 2015 06:26 #1 by HappyCamper
With all the rain we have California is not so lucky

California to Homeowners: Let Your Lawns Die

By Polly Mosendz 5/5/15 at 10:49 PM

California Drought

Filed Under: U.S., Drought, California Drought, California, Water

The California State Water Resources Control Board on Tuesday passed a number of unprecedented restrictions on water usage, according to a report by the Associated Press.

The restrictions will impact residential homes and businesses, particularly lawns. The board is encouraging Californians to let their laws die by not watering them.

Figures released by the board on Tuesday showed that California's water use fell less than 4 percent in March, compared with March 2013. The new rules will reportedly require each city to cut water use by up to 36 percent over 2013 usage.

www.newsweek.com/california-homeowners-l...our-lawns-die-328799

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2015 07:23 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Let your lawns die
:sunnysnow: Feeling a little guilty hoarding all this moisture. It does look like California will be getting some rain soon. Hopefully those clouds empty out before it gets here.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 May 2015 10:32 #3 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Let your lawns die
A friend of mine lives in Hollister CA and he told me that Nestle uses more water to put it in bottles for sale than all of the residents combined...and they pay the state a pittance compared with what the residents pay for their water. Seems to me if CA thinks this such a big deal, they would curb the amount of water Nestle buys & uses or increase the price.

But that is JMO.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds