Cell tower off of 43

07 May 2015 16:51 #1 by HappyCamper
Does anyone have information on this? Last we heard it was going to be done by June but except that it was off of 43 somewhere I have no other information.

I know there will be many happy people if this is true.

I of course will still keep my landline but have the bare minimum on it.

Thanks for any information you might have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2015 18:04 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Cell tower off of 43
Unfortunately, I had to miss the last Comish with a Dish series. I've asked a friend who I think went if Commissioner Brazell shared any info on it; if he didn't make it or doesn't know, I'll email Mike.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 May 2015 18:32 #3 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Cell tower off of 43
Thanks, I know it was approved and all just wondering how long it will take.

07 May 2015 18:35 #4 by HappyCamper
SC I think after this weekend we need to get rid of the snow emoticons as we need spring to be here maybe you can find some with rain and lightning and hail (Ha Ha).

07 May 2015 18:38 #5 by ScienceChic
Agreed wholeheartedly! I also have some fun Mother's Day ones I'm behind on uploading, I'll try to get those before Sunday. :)-

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 May 2015 17:19 #6 by ScienceChic
I ran into Mike Brazell at the Platte Canyon Chamber meeting and asked him about the tower. Construction is supposedly underway and still supposed to be finished by the end of June (he hasn't heard that it would be otherwise).

In other good news, he shared that he's been working with Verizon further and they are hoping to add a cell tower at Platte Canyon HS to get that area covered! I hope that one comes through - it would be really good to have coverage there. Also in the works is a Gigabit hub at the Bailey Library from which additional broadband could be split out and run to nearby areas.

Progress is good!

14 May 2015 18:31 #7 by HappyCamper
So where exactly is the cell tower on 43? (location)

15 May 2015 07:14 #8 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Cell tower off of 43
Here is an old article from the Flume with a map. Says the location is Valley View Road.

www.theflume.com/free_content/article_88...00-9b45e4400466.html

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds