Platte Canyon Fire Wildland Fire Module & Mitigation Free in DCVR thru 2015

15 May 2015 08:38 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Platte Canyon Fire Protection District is honored to host a T2, ten-person, Wildland Fire Module. They are providing needed wildfire suppression and mitigation services within the district. The Module is currently mitigating properties in the Deer Creek Valley Ranchos subdivision FREE OF CHARGE through the end of 2015. The funding for this project is provided by a Federal fuel mitigation grant.

The work done will help protect you, your family, your home, your neighbors and firefighters in the event of a wildfire. In addition, it will greatly improve the health of the forest.

For more information about the program or to get signed up today, Please call Platte Canyon Station #1 @ 303-838-0160

Platte Canyon Fire Protection District abides Colorado State’s fuel mitigation standards. The following link from the state is an excellent information resource for homeowners seeking guidance on reducing their home’s wildland fire risk:

Colorado State Homeowner Mitigation Information

Wildland Fire Module Mission Statement:
The Platte Canyon Wildland Fire Module is committed to providing services to the community in a professional and respectful manner. Through teamwork, safety consciousness, hard work and by adhering to our core values (respect, duty and integrity), we will rise to any challenge that faces us.

plattecanyonfire.com/wildland-fire-module-and-mitigation/

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 May 2015 09:03 #2 by HappyCamper
This is a wonderful program I hope others in my area take advantage of it.

These guys work hard!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds