Gripe for the day

09 Jul 2015 16:27 #1 by HappyCamper
Ok, here is my gripe for the day…I really wish that the grocery stores would cut meat again.

While I got a lovely prime rib for dinner tonight this was only after I asked if I could talk to the manager of the meat department and he happened to have a prime rib in the back he could cut for me.

I don’t know how those with large families do it up here unless all they buy is pork or chicken. I wanted a nice sized roast to smoke and sadly at both Kings and Safeway best I could do was barely 3 pounds not real good for smoking (most the ones that were 3 pounds were bone in).

The cuts I was looking for like chuck, tri tip, and brisket were cut so skinny they would have dried out in a New York minute. I almost bought two and was going to tie them together until I talked to the meat manager.

I was told by both stores all the meat is cut in town and shipped up now that sounds fresh to me.

If Kings and Safeway want to know why people go to Costco and Sams all I can say is go look at the meat department.

Anyone else notice this? I also only buy my cheese from Costco hands down if your family eats cheese your membership would pay for itself.

Ok, done with my gripe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds