Tornado Rampart Range

23 Jul 2015 09:12 #1 by NeutralGuy
I heard about this today and while listening to the news this morning they confirmed it.

I could not find the story but what was said was hundreds of trees were knocked down near the Devils Head trail.

I heard the other day the trail was closed but not sure if it still is. Maybe someone out there that is familiar with the webs site can find something and post it.

I have camped at and hiked Devils Head since I was about 5 years old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2015 10:39 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Tornado Rampart Range
Thanks for mentioning it Neutral Guy. Yes, there was a confirmed tornado that blew down several trees on the trail and campground, it's closed until further notice.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

20 Aug 2015 10:49 #3 by Mountain-News-Events
Per USFS_Pike&San Isabel ‏@PSICC_NF 33 seconds ago
Devil's Head campground/trail/fire tower have re-opened-following tornado & timber blowdown. Enjoy your Pike National Forest #SouthPlatteRD

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds