New Report Details Economic Impact of EPA’s Ozone Proposal on Colorado

23 Aug 2015 15:41 #1 by DonaldRosier
“The ozone standards being considered by the EPA simply go too far. The Denver metro area has made great improvements in air quality since the days of the Brown Cloud. And in doing so we have reached a balance that works for our region. But these proposed limits would put that balance at risk, along with our ability to foster the economic opportunity that our area has become known for.”
- Jefferson County Commissioner Donald Rosier

centerforregulatorysolutions.org/new-rep...roposal-on-colorado/
New Report Details Economic Impact of EPA’s Ozone Proposal on Colorado
08/12/2015
Federal Controls From Tighter Ozone Caps Threaten Economic Growth and Will Make Traffic Worse, Study Finds

Denver, Colo., August 12, 2015: A plan from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to dramatically tighten federal ozone limits will impose new and damaging regulatory restrictions across nearly 90 percent of Colorado’s economy, and also threatens to make traffic congestion even worse in the Denver metropolitan area, according to a new economic study commissioned by the Center for Regulatory Solutions (CRS), a project of the Small Business Entrepreneurship Council (SBE Council).

The report, “Slamming the Brakes: How Washington’s Ozone Plan Will Hurt the Colorado Economy and Make Traffic Worse” also highlights strong and broad-based opposition to overreaching federal policies that ignore the state’s proud history of environmental stewardship. Through interviews, letters to the Obama Administration and other channels, a bipartisan coalition of state lawmakers, local officials and leaders of the business community are sending an unmistakable message to Washington: This ozone plan goes too far.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2015 09:20 #2 by Ashley
I am not an advocate of giving more state rights to the federal government.

But I am not in favor of more economic and people growth affecting our already limited water supply. Seems like a means to slow growth down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds