Happy Labor Day Everyone!

07 Sep 2015 11:59 #1 by MyMountainTown
Wishing you all a relaxing, fulfilling day before getting back to the grind!
From the US Dept of Labor :

#‎LaborDay‬ is about more than just barbecues and a three-day weekend. It’s a celebration of the working Americans who power our nation’s prosperity. But on this Labor Day, as we continue to recover from the great recession with a strong economic wind at our back, employers need to recognize their responsibility — to their workers and the nation — to help make sure that prosperity is broadly shared.

The History of Labor Day

Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

Through the years the nation gave increasing emphasis to Labor Day. The first governmental recognition came through municipal ordinances passed during 1885 and 1886. From these, a movement developed to secure state legislation. The first state bill was introduced into the New York legislature, but the first to become law was passed by Oregon on February 21, 1887. During the year four more states — Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York — created the Labor Day holiday by legislative enactment. By the end of the decade Connecticut, Nebraska, and Pennsylvania had followed suit. By 1894, 23 other states had adopted the holiday in honor of workers, and on June 28 of that year, Congress passed an act making the first Monday in September of each year a legal holiday in the District of Columbia and the territories.

"Without labor nothing prospers." ~Sophocles

"It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things." ~Teddy Roosevelt

"All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence." ~Martin Luther King, Jr

"Labour may be a burden and a chastisement, but it is also an honour and a glory. Without it, nothing can be accomplished." ~Samuel Smiles

More Labor Day quotes and sayings 2015: inspirational, funny and meaning for American holiday

:mopping: :mowing: :splitwood: :vacuuming: :dishwasher: :washwindow: :machinewash :laundryonli :ironing: :beattherug: :carwash: :takeouttras :constructio
:hammock: :boatfishing :campfire: :cheersbeer: :barbeque: :beach:

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
The following user(s) said Thank You: MilestoneMortgage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Sep 2016 08:42 #2 by MyMountainTown
Happy Labor Day 2016 to you all!

"Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns even labor into pleasant tasks."
~James A. Baldwin

Read more at: www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/labor.html

720-608-0285

04 Sep 2017 09:42 - 04 Sep 2017 09:42 #3 by MyMountainTown
:laborday:
My wife came home from work yesterday and was raging about her boss. She said to me, "I'm never going to work for that man again!".

I asked her, "Why, what did he say to you?"

She said, "You're fired."
laffgaff.com/labor-day-jokes-and-quotes/

www.facebook.com/IndianHillsCommunitySign/

720-608-0285
Attachments:

04 Sep 2017 10:27 #4 by MilestoneMortgage
Thank you for this reminder. HAPPY LABOR DAY!

03 Sep 2018 10:23 #5 by MyMountainTown
Colorado: The Second State to Adopt Labor Day
by Katie Rudolph on September 1, 2015

Denver parade
On March 15, 1887, Colorado's Sixth General Assembly passed a law designating the first Monday in September as a holiday honoring workers. Less than a month earlier, Oregon had been the first state to create an official labor holiday. President Grover Cleveland signed legislation that made Labor Day a federal holiday on June 28, 1894.

The Rocky Mountain News from September 6, 1887, covered Denver's Labor Day festivities. It was reported that around 2,000 people — "representatives of the various labor organizations and those in sympathy with them" — attended.

720-608-0285
Attachments:

02 Sep 2019 11:01 #6 by MyMountainTown

All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

“A hundred times every day, I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.” ~Albert Einstein

“Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” ~Aristotle

“Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it, you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it.” ~Maya Angelou

"To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth." ~Pearl S. Buck

Everyday Power Inspirational Labor Day Quotes
:laborday: :hammock: :fishing: :camper: :beach: :splitwood: :constructio

720-608-0285
Attachments:

07 Sep 2020 10:27 #7 by MyMountainTown
:laborday:
"Each year, Labor Day gives us an opportunity to recognize the invaluable contributions that working men and women make to our nation, our economy and our collective prosperity. It gives us a chance to show gratitude for workers' grit, dedication, ingenuity and strength, which define our nation's character." ~Thomas E. Perez

720-608-0285

07 Sep 2020 13:10 #8 by JeanieBoymel
Happy Labor Day from Team Boymel!

Wholistic, Personalized Financial Planning

Altitude Financial Partners
303-503-5036
altitudefinancialpartners.com/
Attachments:

08 Sep 2020 09:37 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Happy Labor Day Everyone!
Happy belated Labor Day everyone. Up here, Labor Day is seen as the end of Summer. This year is it really seen that way with snow on the way!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds