Announcing the 2015 My Mountain Town Pumpkin Carving Contest!

11 Oct 2015 20:52 #1 by MyMountainTown
We're excited to announce the 2015 My Mountain Town Pumpkin Carving Contest!

The contest is simple:
  1. Carve your most creative, fun, whimsical, challenging, scary, unique, or traditional Jack-O-Lantern. Nothing obscene, illegal, harassing, or in poor taste please or your entry will be removed.

2. Post a picture on this topic of your carved pumpkin in front of your computer with My Mountain Town's Home Page showing on the screen (you can be in the photo too if you wish!). For a tutorial on How To Post a Picture, click here , or email your photo to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will be happy to post it for you. Submitting photos for the contest grants permission for use by My Mountain Town on social media and in future promotions.

3. Limit one entry per day, but you may enter a new submission every day of the contest.
The contest opens Monday October 12, 2015 at 7:00am and ends Friday October 30, 2015 at 12:00pm, MST. We will start a new thread with a poll to vote on the 3 Best Member-submitted
Jack-O-Lanterns and 1 Best Business Jack-O-Lantern on October 30th.
Voting will end at 3:00pm on Saturday October 31, 2015.

Prizes will be awarded to the 4 winners!

Our thanks to Mountain Dollar for sponsoring this contest.

Good luck and happy carving!

:jackolanter :cutepumpkin :kittensurpr

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: deanteamtoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2015 13:23 #2 by Moore Lumber and Hardware
Moore Lumber & Hardware has pumpkins! Stop by our Pine and Bailey stores.

Now with six locations in Colorado: Conifer, Pine, Bailey, Evergreen, Bennett, and Castle Rock.
26572 Barkley Road, Conifer, CO 80433
186 Mount Evans Blvd, Pine, CO 80470
5195 County Road 64, Bailey, CO 80421
1153 Bergen Pkwy, Unit N, Evergreen, CO 80439

(303) 674-1001 (Pine)
(720) 924-3999 (Bailey)
(303) 647-1950 (Evergreen)
www.moorelbr.com
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

22 Oct 2015 21:53 #3 by mountaindollar
So my pumpkin was not big enough to put Mountain Dollar so this is the best we could do.

It is a bat I know it is a bit lame but it is hard to take a picture in the dark with my phone will try with the camera after the batteries re-charge and see if it is better.

Not bad for a couple of old farts with no kids hope we start seeing something better than this.

Attachments:

23 Oct 2015 11:30 #4 by You Know Who
Oh man! If the judging is fair and unbiased... think I got this thing!

CAN'T WAIT!

I'm formulating a design as we speak

23 Oct 2015 17:19 - 23 Oct 2015 17:25 #5 by LOL

You Know Who wrote: Oh man! If the judging is fair and unbiased... think I got this thing!

CAN'T WAIT!

:) Yeah right. Fair and unbiased. Means you have zero chance. LOL bwahahaa

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

24 Oct 2015 11:44 #6 by ScienceChic
Don't forget you can pick up pumpkins at your local Moore Lumber and Ace Hardware store, or stop by The Learning Center in Kittredge!

This probably won't win you the contest, but if you hadn't heard about this, it's a great idea!

Why teal pumpkins could mean a safer Halloween
By Sarah Spigelman Richter
Oct 02, 2015

If your kid has food allergies that make trick-or-treating impossible, Halloween is anything but happy.

Those little fun-sized candy bars often don't list allergies or ingredients on the wrappers. It's no fun for parents or kids who feel left out of the fun.

But this Halloween, the winds of change are in the air.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

24 Oct 2015 15:07 - 24 Oct 2015 17:28 #7 by ScienceChic
I had a meeting in Evergreen so on my way home I stopped in at The Learning Center's Pumpkin Patch to pick mine up - they've got a lot of great looking pumpkins (not the icky ones you see at the grocery store) & they're reasonably priced too!

Also happened upon a herd of beasts who stopped to take pictures of these beautiful girls. :P

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

24 Oct 2015 17:26 #8 by HappyCamper
Looks like you don't have to dig through the bins at the grocery store either. If you are wanting a big pumpkin half of it is making sure that you can actually pick it up

I am sure they have many people there to help get it into you car!!!

24 Oct 2015 17:29 #9 by ScienceChic
Actually, they did carry my pumpkin to my car for me (I also bought two little ones for the kids so my hands were full). Very helpful, friendly service!

26 Oct 2015 11:16 #10 by MyMountainTown
Here are just some of the prizes that you can win by entering your decorated pumpkin, be it painted, covered in bling, or carved - all you have to do is take a picture of it in front of your computer with My Mountain Town's Home Page showing! First place is a Hautman Wildlife Home Accent, second place is a Hautman Wildlife oil or vinegar dispenser.

Tell your friends and family, the more entries the better the competition! Don't forget the deadline is noon this Friday, then we start a poll for voting. Good luck and happy decorating!

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds