Park County 5A

14 Oct 2015 21:10 #1 by HappyCamper
Park County 5A was created by HappyCamper
Can anyone provide me with a link on actual data of what Medicare pays for an Ambulance trip?

I am just trying to research and have personal stuff on my plate (84 year old Mom having issues) the bills I have gotten for her (she is in Lakewood) show Medicare paying more than what Platte Canyon is saying but that could be her location.

Will try and do more online this weekend but thought if someone had a link I would ask.

Maybe for auto accidents Platte Canyon may want to look at what Evergreen is doing for out of district people and charging more to their insurance just another idea.

Thanks for any links you can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Oct 2015 09:13 #2 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Park County 5A
Was looking into my Mom's Medicare policy and it states that Medicare covers 80% of an ambulance trip which is more in line with what I see. My Mom has two other insurances that cover the rest which is good.

So I guess I do not understand from watching the video that was posted on Facebook where they were saying that Medicare only covers $100.00 of an ambulance trip.

If anyone has a clarification I would sure like to hear it we got our ballots yesterday and I am trying to understand as much as I can before voting.

I will keep researching as time allows.

17 Oct 2015 15:47 #3 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Park County 5A
Here is the Referendum.
PLATTE CANYON FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
REFERENDUM 5A
SHALL PLATTE CANYON FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT'S TAXES BE INCREASED $286,805 ANNUALLY IN THE FIRST FULL FISCAL YEAR OR BY SUCH AMOUNT AS MAY BE RAISED BY THE IMPOSITION OF AN ADDITIONAL AD VALOREM PROPERTY TAX RATE OF UP TO 2.9 MILLS, COMMENCING IN COLLECTION YEAR 2016, AND CONTINUING THEREAFTER, RESULTING IN A TOTAL DISTRICT PROPERTY TAX RATE, EXCLUSIVE OF REFUNDS, ABATEMENTS, OR DEBT SERVICE, NOT TO EXCEED 14.26 MILLS, TO PAY GENERAL OPERATING COSTS NECESSARY TO PROVIDE DISTRICT SERVICES; AND SHALL THE DISTRICT BE AUTHORIZED TO COLLECT, RETAIN AND SPEND THE PROCEEDS OF SUCH PROPERTY TAX RATE AND ALL OTHER REVENUE RECEIVED FROM ANY SOURCE AS A VOTER-APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE, OFFSET AND EXCEPTION TO THE LIMITS WHICH WOULD OTHERWISE APPLY UNDER TABOR (ARTICLE X, SECTION 20 OF THE COLORADO CONSTITUTION) OR ANY OTHER LAW AND AS A PERMANENT WAIVER OF THE 5.5% LIMITATION UNDER SECTION 29-1-301, C.R.S.?
YES NO

17 Oct 2015 15:53 #4 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Park County 5A
Don't have enough information to answer your question Happy Camper.

And I don't know if responses go here or in the courthouse.

As far as I am concerned until they throw out the current board and get fiscally responsible my vote is no. Just today a call from the Platte Canyon Fire Dept asking if we had any questions in regards to the Referendum. Volunteers contacting everyone on Platte Canyon Fire time, adding hours to their future pension? Get rid of the pension and more money will be available for their services.

Many people can not afford increases in property taxes, pay for their health insurance etc.

22 Oct 2015 13:48 #5 by IrvWeinstein
Replied by IrvWeinstein on topic Park County 5A
Ashley you have PM

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds