Need Thanksgiving meal ideas

23 Oct 2015 16:38 #1 by HappyCamper
Ok, needs some suggestions, as many of you know I have and elderly Mother and she cannot handle coming to our house because of the altitude so we are looking for a place to take her for Thanksgiving.

We need a casual place where slacks and a sweater would be the normal (if there are a lot of people dressed up she will not do well) Black-eyed Pea, Village Inn and Denny’s are out as she will not eat there anymore as she tells us they are too salty.

Would like to stay in the Lakewood or Littleton area and our budget is $25.00 to $30.00 per meal, the more like home cooking the better.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2015 17:16 #2 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Need Thanksgiving meal ideas
We have done Ted's Montana in Belmar (Lakewood) a few times for Turkey day or Christmas, its pretty decent.
Nice atmosphere there too in the season. Good luck.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

23 Oct 2015 20:33 #3 by ScienceChic
I love eating at Ted's, that's a great suggestion LOL. Boston Market is way too salty in my opinion.

I wonder if the Yard House would have a Thanksgiving special? It's kind of loud, but definitely casual and great food.

Chad's Grill is one we hit for their rotisserie chicken, I'd recommend them as well.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Oct 2015 20:37 #4 by HappyCamper
Ok, will call Ted's tomorrow and see what they are having and if I can do a reservation.

Will also check Yard House.

Please keep ideas coming!!!!

23 Oct 2015 20:51 #5 by ScienceChic
If you go to Ted's, park in the parking lot behind the restaurant - there's always spots and you don't have to pay for it like you do on the street.

If you want something exotic, I highly recommend Namaste , El Jimador for Mexican, or the newly opened Himalaya House (same owner as Beau Thai in Evergreen).

Here are the Best Restaurants in Lakewood , per TripAdvisor. 240 Union is da bomb, but pricey and somewhat dressy (we've gone in wearing jeans but it seems fancier). If seafood is your thing, go to Bonefish down on Wadsworth, not the one in Golden off of Colfax (that chef sucks, even the salad tastes bland).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Oct 2015 20:53 - 23 Oct 2015 20:54 #6 by otisptoadwater
Maybe the White Fence Farm? Their website says they'll be open and the petting zoo is a nice distraction.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

23 Oct 2015 20:57 #7 by HappyCamper
SC you are so funny I know now you have never eaten with an 85 year old woman exotic is bacon bits on your mac-n-chees.

For Ted's can anyone tell me how the handicap parking is? Mom uses a walker and we have the placard we put in the window.

I can ask when I call but thought I would throw it out there.

23 Oct 2015 20:58 #8 by HappyCamper

otisptoadwater wrote: Maybe the White Fence Farm? Their website says they'll be open and the petting zoo is a nice distraction.

Cool we have been there not with Mom but that is a good idea!!

23 Oct 2015 21:10 #9 by ScienceChic
The closest parking is on the street, if you want to drop her off and then head back to the parking lot. It's not really close to the door from the parking lot at all.

24 Oct 2015 11:52 #10 by HappyCamper

otisptoadwater wrote: Maybe the White Fence Farm? Their website says they'll be open and the petting zoo is a nice distraction.

Bummer they are not open on Thanksgiving.

For now I have made a reservation at Ted's and just an FYI things are pretty booked already so make reservations soon if you need to go out for Thanksgiving.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds