Bee keepers?

24 Oct 2015 22:50 #1 by TheLoneAviator
Bee keepers? was created by TheLoneAviator
Any bee keepers in the Bailey area?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2015 10:14 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Bee keepers?
Hello TheLoneAviator and welcome to My Mountain Town!

I have a couple of friends who keep bees and who live in Bailey, but they are not online. Did you have a question to ask? I'd be happy to pass it along and post their answer. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Oct 2015 10:36 #3 by TheLoneAviator
Replied by TheLoneAviator on topic Bee keepers?
I used to keep bees in my former State before moving here (novice though). I was wondering about hive design for over-wintering the bees here & where I might get knowledge on Mountain Bee Keeping. Was thinking about adding a couple hive next spring.

Thanks!

25 Oct 2015 10:49 #4 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Bee keepers?
Interested in their responses. I know one in the past from the Bailey area. Bears seem to be a major problem so they finally gave it up. It seems the temperature was fine and they did thrive.

25 Oct 2015 11:39 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Bee keepers?
I've reached out to my friends, as soon as I hear back I'll let you know!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Oct 2015 11:59 #6 by TheLoneAviator
Replied by TheLoneAviator on topic Bee keepers?
Thanks

04 Jan 2016 15:43 #7 by PlatteCanyonChamber
Replied by PlatteCanyonChamber on topic Bee keepers?
If you are interested TheLoneAviator, or anyone, our next PCU class will be on Beekeeping! Save the date - Jan 20th at the Platte Canyon Fire Station at Crow Hill, 6:30-8:30PM.

Monthly General Membership Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of every month at Platte Canyon Fire Station on Crow Hill, 153 Delwood Dr, Bailey from 07:30-09:00.

Platte Canyon Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 477, Bailey, CO 80421
Facebook
Twitter
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds