CO State Trooper Jaimie Jursevics Killed by Alleged Drunk Driver

18 May 2016 15:14 #11 by Jukerado
June 28. Mark your calendars.

He was facing charges of vehicular homicide, failure to remain at the scene of a deadly accident, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and careless driving causing death. He pleaded guilty to two counts. He could get 4-12 years for vehicular homicide and 12-18 months for tampering with evidence when he is sentenced June 28.

The evidence is overwhelming and absolute, and this asshole should be put away for life. Take every last thing he has, sell it, and put the money in a trust for Trooper Jursevics' child.

How little value is placed on the lives of our officers. Multiple charges, and he gets to plead to only two. I know the argument; cutting deals saves the taxpayers some money, all that expensive trial stuff. Cut a deal, mark it up in the win column, move along now, nothing to see here, next case....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2016 15:44 #12 by ScienceChic
Retired Army colonel sentenced to 8 years for DUI crash that killed trooper
Eric Peter Henderson faced up to 13 years in prison after pleading guilty to 2 felony charges
By Jesse Paul | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
June 28, 2016 | UPDATED: 1 hour ago

Eric Peter Henderson, 52, was ordered to serve five years of mandatory parole and was led out of the courtroom in handcuffs. He mouthed, “I love you,” to his supporters before he was removed from court.

On May 18, Henderson admitted to one count of vehicular homicide while driving under the influence and one count of tampering with physical evidence. Both charges are felonies.

On Nov. 15, Henderson struck and killed Trooper Jaimie Jursevics on Interstate 25 in Castle Rock. After the collision, Henderson attempted to hide evidence, including bottles and alcohol.

In his first public comments on the fatal crash, during the sentencing hearing, Henderson apologized to Jursevics’ husband and family. He said the crash was a horrible mistake and he didn’t know he had hit a person.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jukerado

28 Jun 2016 16:21 #13 by Jukerado
A nice dose of justice, but if I was on the bench he'd never see the light of day again. I know I'm always on a rant here when it comes to bad driving ... drunks, cell phones, tailgaters, etc. ... but it's a conscious, overt, despicable thing to do. Any of us, our families, our children, could have been in Henderson's path that night.

Enjoy prison, Eric, may every shower be a nightmare for you.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds