Jeffco Holiday Tree Recycling

26 Dec 2015 11:55 #1 by Mountain-News-Events

The Jefferson County Road and Bridge South Shop will be recycling holiday trees this year at no cost to residents. There is a 24-hour drop location outside the main gate of the shop, located at 9509 West Ute Avenue in Littleton.

Only real trees will be accepted. Please remove all decorations from the tree and drop it off where the signs are posted.

The Road and Bridge Shop will be accepting the trees until Sunday, January 31, 2016.

Road & Bridge District II Shop
303-271-5219

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2015 10:10 - 27 Dec 2015 10:11 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Jeffco Holiday Tree Recycling
WTH is a holiday tree?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Dec 2015 15:42 #3 by GreenFoothillFarm
My goats will be happy to eat your Christmas trees! I can pick up!

Please call at (303) 736-2291 or message me on my Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/greenfoothillfarm

28 Dec 2015 22:06 - 28 Dec 2015 22:13 #4 by pineinthegrass

Mountain-News-Events wrote:

The Jefferson County Road and Bridge South Shop will be recycling holiday trees this year at no cost to residents. There is a 24-hour drop location outside the main gate of the shop, located at 9509 West Ute Avenue in Littleton.

Only real trees will be accepted. Please remove all decorations from the tree and drop it off where the signs are posted.

The Road and Bridge Shop will be accepting the trees until Sunday, January 31, 2016.

Road & Bridge District II Shop
303-271-5219

Is there any place Jefferson County will take my Christmas tree?

I'd deliver it to the goats, but I don't think it's gluten free. It probably has also been sprayed with pesticides too, or by my dogs.

29 Dec 2015 10:14 #5 by pineinthegrass

Rick wrote: WTH is a holiday tree?

Here is a definition from the Urban Dictionary (not that I endorse it nor the inappropriate violence suggested in the last sentence): :ohmy:

holiday tree

A pine tree that is either plastic or real, in which people decorate for christmas. But the people who sell them call them holiday trees instead of christmas trees, because they didnt want to offend anyone, except people who celebreate christmas. So it won't offend anyone who doesnt celebrate christmas even though it offends everyone who celebrates christmas. Who ever came up with this idea of calling it a holiday tree should get a punch in the face and a CHRISTMAS TREE UP THE A$$.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=holiday+tree

02 Jan 2016 09:07 #6 by Mountain-News-Events
From Mountain Parks Veterinary Hospital, Adventure Camp & Pet Lodge :

We just wanted to let everyone know about the Christmas Tree Recycling available today (and next Saturday too) at our neighbor, Evergreen Lutheran Church. The FREE tree recycling event is put together by EAS+Y (Evergreen's Alliance for Sustainability) for our community. Volunteers will be accepting trees for recycling from 9am-5pm today (and next Saturday). Trees must be free of all decorations including tinsel. For more info, visit www.evergreeneasy.org .

Recycle your holiday tree with EAS+Y this season (January 2 & 9)

After the holidays, EAS+Y arranges for FREE tree recycling at the Evergreen Lutheran Church on Hwy 73 (2 miles south of the stoplight in Evergreen) for the two weeks after New Years. Lam Tree Service chips the trees and offers the mulch for FREE later that month.

2015/2016 dates are January 2nd and January 9th (the first two Saturdays in January) between 9am-5pm.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds