Slash site to open on Crow Hill in spring - High Timber Times

27 Dec 2015 17:50 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Slash site to open on Crow Hill in spring
By Jessi Marlatt
Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Tree thinning should get easier for residents of the 285 Corridor next year, with a slash collection site slated to open on Crow Hill in the spring.

The site, which will be on state land, will be a joint venture of the Coalition for the Upper South Platte and Park County. The site will operate Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from spring until fall, and construction will begin after the first of the year.

“This site will be an asset to the communities along the Highway 285 corridor,” said Jeff Ravage, North Fork Watershed coordinator for the coalition.

Access to the site will be created through the parking lot of the existing baseball fields owned by Park County next to U.S. 285, said John Valentine, south-central district manager for the Colorado State Land Board. Trees along the highway will create a visual barrier from the site, and the operation will be enclosed by a fence.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2015 18:07 #2 by HappyCamper
This I think will be a great thing depending on what the answer is to this.

"Loads of slash from individuals will be accepted for a nominal fee that has yet to be determined"

I believe I read somewhere else that pine needles not on tree branches would not be accepted which is a bummer.

Hope they really look into what slash runs at the transfer station and do not try and compete to make money so that people will actually clean their lots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds