New user, interesting board

30 Dec 2015 09:58 #1 by Foxhaven
Hi there, found this board through a Google search, I had no idea it was here!

Anyway, we live in S. Evergreen, in the SE Marshdale area. We breed and show Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers, and have two American Miniature horses, a donkey to protect them, a 17hh Tennessee Walker, and a 15.3hh Missouri Foxtrotter.

Plus an odd Sheltie and Eskimo.

I am from Kentucky originally, on a TB farm. My wife is from the Pueblo area.

Howdy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimberlyhazard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Dec 2015 10:09 #2 by HappyCamper
Welcome glad you found us!!!

I have a ton of animals also please post pictures of yours we would love to see them.

30 Dec 2015 10:24 #3 by Foxhaven
Legend and Luke discovering elk

Legend, a 2011 top 5 stallion, Amateur Senior Stallion Halter

Luke all trimmed up. We have nicknamed him Sneakers...because he figures out how to sneak into things!

Samwise, the guardian Donkey

Foxhaven's Medicine Man, barn name Dakotah:

Valentino's Gold Quest, barn name Gold, meeting the littles

Dakotah under saddle. He was a near rescue, and was medium bay and white when we brought him home. He is now black and white, thought the setting sun shows the red in his coat:

I've been trying my hand at CTRs, the first one I entered Dakotah got highest overall points in Amateur Heavyweight and we missed the Novice Sweeps by half a point. He will do a flying rack once he warms up. With all that leg under him, it covers ground... QUICKLY!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

30 Dec 2015 10:36 #4 by ScienceChic
Beautiful animals you have there Foxhaven, thank you for sharing! And welcome to My Mountain Town, we're very glad to have you here! Please grab a coffee, pull up a chair, and stay a while. :coolwink:

I'm from Ohio originally - Cincinnati - so not too far from you, back visiting right now as a matter of fact. It's been cloudy, rainy, and cold the whole time, can't wait to get back to my Colorado :sunshine:!

If you have any questions about the board, feel free to ask anytime! My favorite pages are our custom local weather forecasts and our webcams but if there's something we don't have that you'd like us to add, just let us know!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Dec 2015 10:42 #5 by Foxhaven
Not far at all in fact. Grew up in Bourbon County between Paris and Georgetown, SW of Cynthiana.

30 Dec 2015 11:06 #6 by ScienceChic
Just outside Lexington, right? Nice area!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Dec 2015 12:52 #7 by Foxhaven
About 15 miles north of Lexington. Not sure what has become of the farm. Getting back into horses, however, I sure wish I had kept track... 100 acres and two nice horse barns would be pretty fine at this stage in my life!

30 Dec 2015 13:00 #8 by HappyCamper
Awesome pictures they beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a Colorado Native hubby and I have lived in the mountain going on 24 years now.

We have 4 dogs, 2 birds, 2 horses a cat and a 75 gallon fish tank.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds