Social Media Done Right! ;)

14 Jan 2016 00:14 #1 by ScienceChic
Ermagherd, I am rolling! If only more schools and businesses had social media managers with a sense of humor like this! :silly: What makes it all the better is it's also Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky). teehee! The satire account is @JCPS_PR , the actual school account is @JCPSKY .

Originally found here (with additional screen captures): www.facebook.com/susan.jones.921230/posts/10208803263064007

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2016 00:15 #2 by ScienceChic
Mic drop. :P

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

14 Jan 2016 06:21 #3 by RenegadeCJ
That is great! Love it when someone in a "power position" has a sense of humor and is willing to use it on some of these wimpy kids!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

14 Jan 2016 07:06 #4 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Social Media Done Right! ;)
LOLOL!!! What a hoot! This weather isn't even bad enough to register for indoor recess when I was a kid! What whiney little snowflakes!

I can remember one multi-day stretch of really cold lake effect weather (this was in Ohio) when I was in grade school - think weather like Buffalo has been having the past couple of days. We were informed by the school district that it was bad enough that the girls were allowed to wear pants instead of dresses! :happysnow:

14 Jan 2016 08:27 #5 by ScienceChic
That's funny cydl! Whoo-hoo pants! (You need those in Ohio, it's miserable outside in winter).

No sooner did I get done posting this and they suspended the account. I'm disappointed because it was obviously a non-official, satirical account and they weren't being abusive or harassing. Twitter screwed up IMO.

Luckily I still had the screen open on their account when I realized it had been pulled so I grabbed the last few really good Tweets. Enjoy. :)

Attachments:

14 Jan 2016 08:33 #6 by FredHayek
Funny! (Of course teachers and administrators like snow days :snowflake: just as much as kids.) :nahnah:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Mar 2016 22:01 #7 by ScienceChic
The account got reinstated

...but they haven't done much since January. Still, this one made me laugh out loud. :biggrin:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds