Re-Zoning Proposal for 12753 Upper Ridge Rd, Community Meeting Feb 4

06 Feb 2016 09:39 #11 by ScienceChic
I need to clarify a misunderstanding about this forum with Commissioner Rosier. When we in the 285 Tourism Committee originally scheduled this, we titled it '285 Improvement Plan', and it was way before the issue with the re-zoning came up. This meeting is in no way about development in our community, it is strictly regarding Highway 285 Improvement. Our goal as the 285 Tourism Committee is to open and continue a dialog with our elected representatives to push forward at a faster pace than we've seen efforts to get CDOT to move Highway 285 up on the priority list for projects to improve the safety and congestion of our highway. Commissioner Rosier will be presenting some avenues we can explore for how to raise funds to do that. That is only what this meeting is about, and we will have a lot of material to cover in that 2 hours.

All of you know that I am a champion for the community and its safety. I have fought for the Lower North Fork Fire victims, and those who had their donations stolen at IMHS; I am a voice to our officials as much as I can be and I encourage everyone to be active and voice their opinions themselves with our representatives anytime they wish. I am asking that this meeting please not be used to air grievances about the rezoning development; there are other avenues for that. We are working hard to improve our highway for our residents and businesses and would love your help with that, and you are all absolutely invited to attend if you would like to learn more and get involved with this project.

You can learn more here .

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2016 10:01 #12 by manderson
I'll pass along your request, and ask that people be courteous. Maybe at the end of the meeting the commissioner will allow us to bring this topic up. I know that a lot of folks up here have been emailing this commission along with the other two commissioners, and we have yet to hear a response from any of them. Thank you ScienceChic

06 Feb 2016 10:10 #13 by HappyCamper
Myra, I am sure that SC would appreciate you fixing your post over on Pinecam to reflect what this meeting is about below in red is what you posted and as SC stated this is not for the Rezoning of Upper Ridge Road. Many people on Pinecam will not research what this meeting is about.

SC is great about letting us know what is going on and covering the facts.

Rezoning of Upper Ridge Road

Commissioner Rosier is holding a forum in Conifer this Monday the 8th of February 9-11 am, at Conifer Community Bank, 25907 Conifer Road.

I know that for most this is inconvenient time but please if you can make it, come we need people to show up and voice our concerns. If you can't stay the whole 2 hours, at least show your face and sign in.

Thank you
Mayra

06 Feb 2016 10:18 #14 by HappyCamper

HappyCamper wrote: Myra, I am sure that SC would appreciate you fixing your post over on Pinecam to reflect what this meeting is about below in red is what you posted and as SC stated this is not for the Rezoning of Upper Ridge Road. Many people on Pinecam will not research what this meeting is about.

SC is great about letting us know what is going on and covering the facts.

Rezoning of Upper Ridge Road

Commissioner Rosier is holding a forum in Conifer this Monday the 8th of February 9-11 am, at Conifer Community Bank, 25907 Conifer Road.

I know that for most this is inconvenient time but please if you can make it, come we need people to show up and voice our concerns. If you can't stay the whole 2 hours, at least show your face and sign in.

Thank you
Mayra

Thanks for fixing the post on Pinecam !!!!!!!

09 Feb 2016 19:01 #15 by LNFFInfo
FYI - Jeffco has copied this thread into a PDF and included it as public record in the list of documents related to this issue -

jeffco.us/amandaItoI/PublicDocs/Communit...tizen/opposition.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

09 Feb 2016 21:56 #16 by ScienceChic
Thank you LNFFInfo, I just read through what was there at that link.

Several of the residents and concerned community members came to our Highway 285 Improvement Plan Forum on Monday and we spent about an hour addressing concerns about this and the Jeffco Comprehensive Master Plan. I believe there were many good comments and suggestions made, and the Commissioner was able to provide sufficient information on methods through which the residents could make their thoughts known about this rezoning proposal. He was not able to address any concerns about this proposal directly because he is forbidden legally to address anything regarding it until it is presented to the Board of County Commissioners for review and approval or denial.

As posted on our ongoing thread about the Jeffco Master Plan , the next meeting for the Planning Commission (the citizen-appointed board, not the BOCC) is tomorrow night (Wednesday Feb 10th), and I clarified that the earlier email from Heather Gutherless indicated that public comment was closed for that meeting; however, Commissioner Rosier did say that it could be opened back up for public comment at the discretion of the Chair of the Planning Commission, so please feel free to continue sending letters to the Planning Commission with comments about the Master Plan. One of four things could happen regarding the Jeffco Master Plan tomorrow night: 1.) they could defer a vote again tomorrow night, 2.) they could vote to approve it, 3.) they could vote to deny it and send it back to Planning & Zoning to re-do, or 4.) they could accept it with conditions. Nothing is set in stone, nor is the document set in concrete if approved - it is merely a guideline for Planning & Zoning, and the Board of County Commissioners, to use when rezoning or new development proposals come in. That can be both good and bad, as essentially what is currently zoned residential can't be changed to commercial nor does it mean that places that are designated as "Destination Resorts" will automatically become that. What it does mean is that it is not the end of the world if it is approved as is; there is always the rezoning process that must be gone through by any developer and it must incorporate community solicitation for feedback.

I am still working myself to learn more about this rezoning proposal and concerns residents have about it. I welcome any and all input here!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Jun 2016 15:32 - 13 Jun 2016 15:33 #17 by shortstop
It's Over -

Greetings Neighbors,
First of all please know that we have done our best to include all interested parties we are aware of. To this end we have made the list viewable for you to determine if we have missed someone or had mistakes in the addresses. Please feel free to send this on to others interested parties who’s names are not listed here - thank you!
We are quite grateful to be able to compose and send this letter! It has been a long and very challenging winter for us. Our hearts have been heavy and our minds full as we explored and investigated the disparity between a vision and dream we came to Conifer with, and the opposition we met with through the voices and opinions of our neighbors. We worked diligently to listen and to understand the concerns that most of you expressed through; your presence at a community meeting, the posted road signs, the petitions and the posts on community forums. It was challenging to say the least to experience some of the ways that these concerns were expressed and the choices that some of our neighbors demonstrated to make their concerns known. It was very sad and quite surprising to us to have so many expressions of adversarial “us against them” demonstrated and voiced. Though this is experience certainly learned a lot about our new community. We believe in spite of the challenges, the disappointments in this experience there have been many gifts afforded us and we have grown through it all. The blessing of being here in this magnificent place is the biggest blessing of all and we know that we will continue to experience the grace of this place we now call home.
During what I have come to call our “winter from hell” we have learned so much. The primary thing that we learned that has been so special, is the fact that amidst the fear and controversial perspectives, we found there were a handful of neighbors who were brave and kind enough to reach out to us to truly learn about who we were. These people opened their hearts and their homes to us as neighbors in spite of and reached above and beyond their own fears and concerns. Their open hearts and minds were so comforting when we felt so shunned and isolated. This conversation allowed us to more deeply listen to them and they to us. Our hope is that someday we can all learn to solve and resolve our differences with this model in the world. Imagine what we as a world could accomplish! Through this open and heart centered dialogue we began a conversation that considered everyone – searching ultimately for what would be the most loving experience for everyone – for us, for the neighbors, the community and especially for the land. After months and lots of prayer and meditation time from those of us in the conversation, we have come to the final conclusion. We WILL NOT be going forward with our business plan. We believe that we could address and circumvent all of the many concerns that were voiced save one. The concern that rezoning our property would potentially establish and set a precedent that could change the landscape, both literally and figuratively in our area. This was not something that was ever part of our plan or desire. We believe fully that our plan by itself would not have negatively impacted this beautiful place that is our home. In spite of this we recognize the fact that we did not want to be part of a movement that might have an effect to alter the very essence of why we chose to live here.
With this letter we hope that you will find the same release from angst that we have found, and that this release, coupled with the renewal of spring, you will also find joy and comfort in the knowing that we are choosing not to move forward with our plan. There will be NO rezoning, NO camping business being established here on our property. We may choose to have events from time to time, such as family & friends weddings and gatherings. When appropriate we will obtain the proper country permits. We are a family of four adults who have a large extended family (being a 3 generations of Colorado natives family), and will continue to have family gatherings here. With these gatherings please know that we will certainly be hosting our gatherings with all of the same respect and mindfulness for our neighbors that all of you use when sharing your homes with your friends and family.
We further hope that the adversarial perspectives that have been created and expressed will find their way out of the minds and hearts that held them and that we can all move forward from a place of genuine caring and sharing with all of our neighbors in the entire area. You are all welcome in our home anytime! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns or would like to get to know us. We are really quite friendly and love to know our neighbors. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 303-910-6971
Thank you for your patience as we took the time to genuinely move through our settling in, our investigation and our contemplative time to come to this place of clarity!
Warmly and with deepest gratitude we are,

Dana Beardshear for and with
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds