I-70 Road Conditions

23 Dec 2017 16:29 #21 by MountainTownAlerts
CSP Golden @CSP_Golden 1 hour ago
WB I-70 will be closed at Empire Junction MP 232 for an extended period of time. We recommend delaying travel into Ski Country.

CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 1 minute ago
For those who are planning on making the voyage on I-70, keep these things at hand: a full tank of gas, snacks, water, blanket, first aid kit. For those already on I-70, we are working to open I-70 and make sure it’s safe. We know it’s frustrating, but your safety is our priority

CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 14 minutes ago
Folks stuck EB b/w Silverthorne and the tunnel, thank you for your patience. We are hoping to open in the next 30-40 minutes. Please know circumstances can change so that estimate could be extended. Safety comes first and we want to get you home safely.

Lots of spin outs happening eastbound past the tunnel paired with icy conditions. We’re working as fast and safely as we can with the Colorado State Patrol to get I-70 moving again.

Check road conditions at cotrip.org . Mountain driving is no joke, make sure you're prepared or stick to Plan B. Be safe out there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2017 19:59 #22 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 35 minutes ago
I-70 is closed westbound at Morrison Road. Eastbound still closed at Silverthorne. Blowing snow has caused visibility to be at only 5 feet. Eisenhower Johnson Memorial Tunnels have lost power so there is currently no control over the lights on the highway, digital message boards & they are having difficulty connecting to radios with crews on the ground. They’re working via cellphone to connect with our traffic operations center in Golden to get digital messages on the highway. Snow is currently falling faster than it’s possible for our plows to keep up

24 Dec 2017 16:24 #23 by MountainTownAlerts
Per CDOT:
Advisory- The National Weather Service forecasts widespread snow to develop late tonight on the I-70 Mountain Corridor and continue into Monday. Expect heavy snow in higher elevations and mountain roads to become snow covered and slippery with Traction and Chain Laws in effect. Safety closures due to road conditions are possible

26 Jan 2018 14:19 #24 by MountainTownAlerts
CLOSED - EB I-70 MM 180 Vail due to multiple spinouts on Vail Pass. No estimated time to open.

26 Jan 2018 14:42 #25 by MountainTownAlerts
OPEN- EB I-70 at Vail, MM 180, following crash clean up. Chain and Traction Laws in place.

14 Oct 2018 11:12 #26 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 13 minutes ago
I-70: Road closed between MM 215 (Eisenhower Tunnel) and MM 228 (Georgetown). Multiple spin-outs

30 Oct 2018 09:02 #27 by MountainTownAlerts
Snowing is coming down and starting to stick on roadways in high country along CO 9/Hoosier Pass, US 6 and I-70 around the Eisenhower Tunnel to Bakersville. Passenger Vehicle Traction Law & Commercial Chain Laws are starting to be initiated.
mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic/i-70-...-golden-to-evergreen
I-70 0.3mi from Eisenhower Tunnel

US 6 at MM 228
Attachments:

11 Nov 2018 10:46 #28 by MountainTownAlerts

23 Nov 2018 14:23 #29 by MountainTownAlerts
Parts of I-70 are closed due to adverse conditions and multiple slide-offs. Passenger traction laws are in effect as well: mymountaintown.com/forum/46-scanner-emer...t-november-23#354471

Per Karen Fong Donoghue on our FB Page:
Snowing heavy on 70. We are headed east back to Evergreen and they have shut down 70 West just before Loveland. Drive safe everyone.
Attachments:

21 Jan 2019 15:53 #30 by MountainTownAlerts

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds