Sad news to share: Grady has passed away

15 Feb 2016 07:54 #1 by ScienceChic
After a long battle with cancer, Grady left us yesterday for a better place. He was one of the first people I met when I moved to the mountains; he lived across the street from us and we'd always stop and chat when out snowblowing or when I'd happen to be outside while he was walking his dogs. I remember when he got Abby, she was such a joy for him.

Grady was who first invited me to the newly-formed 285 Corridor Tea Party Meetings and he made me feel welcome. He was one of the best - he listened to my viewpoints and respected them, even if he didn't agree with them, and I in turn did so for him. He even suggested that I do a presentation on global warming to that group, though that never happened I appreciated that he was at least open to it. We need more people like him, it's a loss for our world that he's moved on.

My thoughts and love to Connie and his kids and grandkids. I'm glad he got to spend a lot of time with them at the end.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2016 08:10 #2 by HappyCamper
He is in our thoughts and prayers.

23 Feb 2016 09:50 #3 by ScienceChic
From Connie: For those that have been asking about what donations to make in memory of Grady, here is the information:
Go to www.giving.cu.edu/GradyHarn or call the CU Foundation to support bladder cancer research at 303-541-1290 or you can make a check payable to CU Foundation P.O. Box 17126, Denver, CO 80217-9155 and please indicate Grady's name in the memo field of your check. Thank you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Mar 2016 19:35 #4 by pineinthegrass
So sorry to hear this.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds