Fund Raiser

24 Feb 2016 20:10 #1 by HappyCamper
Fund Raiser was created by HappyCamper
Hi All,

I have been in contact with our good friends and owners of KZ Ranch and they are planning a fund raiser, dinner, silent auction for all those involved in the tragedy today.

More to come on this but if you can help with a place to have this event or would like to donate items or your time please let me know and I will get the information to them.

You can PM me or send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will get the information to them.

We are all still in shock over all this and please know as soon as I know more, I will post, I wish I could give you more details but at this time we are still planning.

Thank you in advance for anything you can help with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2016 09:38 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
Replied by Mountain-News-Events on topic Fund Raiser
Pamela Gillies set up a GoFundMe for Officer Carrigan, please donate here: www.gofundme.com/natecarrigan#

We'll be assisting with the fundraiser effort that Happy Camper and the owners of the KZ Ranch are putting together, more details to come. If you would like to donate something, or can volunteer your time, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thank you!

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

25 Feb 2016 10:17 #3 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Fund Raiser
Thanks so much for doing this we are trying to streamline things a bit so if you can donate an item or your time please send an email directly to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

26 Feb 2016 08:36 #4 by RJ
Replied by RJ on topic Fund Raiser
Is there a way I can donate some money online?

26 Feb 2016 08:43 #5 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Fund Raiser
There is a gofundme page that someone set up.

26 Feb 2016 08:54 #6 by HappyCamper

26 Feb 2016 14:12 #7 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Fund Raiser
Thank you Happy Camper. There is also a bank account set up at Bank of the West for the family of Cpl Carrigan, and that is preferred for donations as all of the money donated goes to the family (GoFundMe takes a percentage out of the total donations, but is handy if you want to do it online).

In addition, there is a GoFundMe set up for Deputy Kolby Martin, who was critically injured in the shooting and will be off of work for a time to recover. That link is here: www.gofundme.com/2sr4hgzg

And this: Quilters: Blocks Needed For Carrigan Comfort Quilt

Bailey, CO: Three Park County Sheriff’s Department officers were wounded Wednesday while serving an eviction notice on a man who first motioned the officers into his home, then opened fire. Corporal Nate Carrigan of the Park County Sheriff’s Office injuries were fatal.

Master Patrol Deputy Kolby Martin is in serious condition with multiple gunshot wounds and Captain Mark Hancock was grazed in the ear, treated and has been released.

The community of Bailey Colorado is in mourning. Carrigan, who grew up in the close-knit mountain town, served also as the baseball and football coach at Platte Canyon High School. He leaves behind his parents Melissa and John, siblings Jamie, John and Alicia, his girlfriend Melissa and countless others who will miss seeing him in town, on the field or at the Cutthroat Cafe.

Yesterday a group of three beginning quilters began discussing how to create a quilt for Carrigan’s loved ones.

Cotton + Steel Blue Bird Collection: Some are using fabrics from this line to create blocks. Palette guidelines below.

Quilters of all levels are asked to participate in the creation of the Carrigan Comfort Quilt. It is hoped enough blocks can be prepared to provide two quilts; one for Nate’s parents and one for his girlfriend. Here’s how you can help.
  1. Pray for Nate’s loved ones and for the healing of his fellow officers. Please also pray for the safety of all first responders and their families and those who have lost loved ones in law enforcement.
  2. Commit to making a block (or more). Please notify me in the comment box below as to your ability to do so and how many blocks you can make. Ideally we need 32+ blocks for one quilt (64 if we’re looking to do two quilts). Send such to me: Janelle Jones 9974 Clairton Street, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126 by March 15, 2015 or earlier.
  3. If you’re on or near the Colorado front range and would like to assist with assembly, please let me know.
  4. Please feel free to include a short note of gratitude when you send your block/s. Nate’s parents’ names are Melissa & John Carrigan, his siblings are Jamie (also an officer in another Colorado community), John and Alicia. Nate’s girlfriend is Melissa Patterson.

Block Pattern Instructions included at the link sewgod.com/1871-2/

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds