2015 Emily’s Parade and ER5K was the last Parade by I Love U Guys Foundtn

02 Mar 2016 11:38 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
This event has been amazing to be a part of, and for the community to come together. We wish the I Love U Guys Foundation the best success with their current and future endeavors. They have been instrumental in convincing over 17,000 schools to adopt the Standard Response Protocol, making schools safer for our children and teachers and staff. May this offer them the opportunity to reach even more!

The 2015 Emily’s Parade and ER5K was the last Parade hosted by The “I Love U Guys” Foundation
John-Michael Keyes
March 1, 2016 - PRLog -- Endings can be awkward.

To our volunteers, participants, friends and community we extend a huge thank you for 10 remarkable Parades. Emily’s Parade began as a response to tragedy. But it immediately became a symbol of strength and community.

Organizing the Parade is also a very difficult task for both Ellen and me personally. Last October we asked The “I Love U Guys” Foundation Board of Directors to make a difficult decision. We asked the Board to declare the 10th Annual Emily’s Parade as the last one. It was a tough conversation. A tough decision. But I think the Board made the right decision.

Officially, The 2015 Emily’s Parade and ER5K was the last Parade hosted by The “I Love U Guys” Foundation.

This coming year will be the 10th Anniversary of losing Emily. Ellen and I would like to share the statement we released on the 1st Anniversary.

Read more at www.prlog.org/12538043-the-2015-emilys-p...guys-foundation.html

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds