Community Highway Cleanup Day March 19 & 20!

11 Mar 2016 10:34 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
285 Clean Up

Please join fellow community members as we spend the weekend cleaning up 285 from pine junction to platte canyon high school.
All the trash not just the blue flags and ribbons.
Please pitch in and lets get the area cleaned up.
Please share and invite anyone local on your friends list!
Bring your gloves, picker uppers and pokey sticks.
We will be meeting at CUT THROAT @ 9:30 am on Saturday and again @ 12 noon on Sunday. If you can not be at the meeting times you can pick up bags anytime.
PLEASE fill your bag completely and just leave along side of the road just not in the way of traffic. Please clean all the trash you see not just the flags and ribbons.
CDOT has provided orange bags that we can fill and leave along 285 and they will schedule a pick up.

Please wear bright clothing or high visable safety vests.

RSVP and invite your friends to the Facebook event: www.facebook.com/events/1578583572465464

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2016 19:10 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
Update from Catrina:

Ok everyone PLEASE SHARE we have to spread the word!!!!!!
I drove from harris park to pine junction back to Shawnee . Yes the roads are fine but the sides are not, that is where all the trash is and we won't be able to see it. I think we postpone tomorrow SATURDAY ONLY at this point. Let it stop snowing the sun comes out melts it and we hit it on SUNDAY!! Then we plan another weekend in mid April. An events page is on facebook. you can search 285 clean up or use the link below. THANK YOU!!!!

19 Mar 2016 12:21 #3 by deanteamtoo
Thank you. The clean up was cancelled for today and will be scheduled again after Easter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

06 Apr 2016 17:51 #4 by Mountain-News-Events
Highway clean-up rescheduled for April 9 & 10th.

From the event page: www.facebook.com/events/1578583572465464/

WELL LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN!
The weekend of April 9 and 10
I HOPE EVERYONE IS STILL AVAILABLE AND WILLING TO GET THIS DONE.
PLEASE SHARE AND POST WHEREVER IT NEEDS TO BE POSTED.
Please join fellow community members as we spend the weekend cleaning up 285 from pine junction to platte canyon high school.
All the trash not just the blue flags and ribbons.
Please pitch in and lets get the area cleaned up.
Please share and invite anyone local on your friends list!
Bring your gloves, picker uppers and pokey sticks.
We will be meeting at CUT THROAT @ 9:30 am on Saturday and at the CROW HILL CAFE @ 12 noon on Sunday. If you can not be at the meeting times just find a group and join in.
PLEASE fill your bag completely and just leave along side of the road just not in the way of traffic. Please clean all the trash you see not just the flags and ribbons.
CDOT has provided bags that we can fill and leave along 285 and they will schedule a pick up.

Please wear bright clothing or high visable safety vests.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds