285 Cleanup Adventure

17 Mar 2016 16:36 - 17 Mar 2016 16:39 #1 by deanteamtoo
Joined up with a great group for the 285 Clean up this morning. What a fun group! I took off bravely. Clambering up and down embankments, dragging up bumpers, chains, hubcaps and the like. Trudging through soil rototilled by ground burrowing critters and reaching around barb wire. I thought I covered mile upon mile so yes, it was a bit humbling jumping back into the car and seeing only two hours had passed and as we drove by the area we cleaned, it was only a speck compared to the area that needed attention. Even more humbling was going to the Riverbend for a bite (yum yum) and when leaving, running into Kim that just finished her clean up with her group. This means they cleaned up for over an hour more than we did. Rut Roo.... Well, Kim is awesome and had me in stitches in the parking lot. We met up with Ed and the blue flags will have a new home with the Boys and Girls Club which will use them to mark their 5K Big Foot Run. All in all it was wonderful to meet others and I need a shower and a nap! Thanks everyone and I hope the weekend groups have the same warm fuzzies that we got today! Sure makes you feel good even if it is just a tiny bit of love! Happy Patty's Day all! You TOO can go on this adventure this weekend. Saturday at 9:30am meeting at the Cutthroat Cafe or Sunday at HIGH NOON: Meeting at the Cutthroat Cafe!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds