Petition: Allow Tommy to Wear a Hat at Safeway in Conifer CO

25 May 2016 13:20 - 25 May 2016 13:21 #1 by ScienceChic
There's a new petition I'd like to pass along for you all: Allow Tommy to Wear a Hat at Safeway in Conifer CO

It has come to the attention of our small, mountain town of Conifer, CO, that one of our local baggers, Tommy, cannot wear his Safeway hat anymore. Tommy is a very special person. He brightens up everyone's day and some of us in the community only bother to shop there because he bags our groceries. There is no harm in Tommy wearing his hat and to see him upset has bothered our community to the core.

Safeway, we ask that you please change your policy for Tommy so that he can be a happy employee and our little mountain town can see him smile again.

Please click here to sign the petition: www.change.org/p/safeway-allow-tommy-to-...afeway-in-conifer-co

So apparently Safeway corporate changed their dress code policy recently so that only people working in production can wear hats. This has upset Tommy and he's no longer his happy, bubbly self bagging groceries and bringing in carts. Many shop at Safeway specifically to see Tommy because he's such a delight and makes everyone around him happy. Many are sending comments to Safeway directly as well: www.safeway.com/contactus/#/contact-us-f...ns/?bannerId=safeway

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jukerado

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2016 18:24 - 25 May 2016 18:25 #2 by Jukerado
We're in Safeway two or three times a week. I had a nice chat with Tommy just yesterday in the parking lot, spotting out of state license plates on the parked cars. I emailed Safeway through that contact link and told them to back off. Some pencil pushing dickhead is trying to justify their paycheck by coming up with a new policy. It's Colorado. Everyone wears a hat, and if Tommy wants to wear a sombrero, let him do it. No customer will care, or notice, and if he's upset by this, they need to change their decision immediately.

I wonder how much that hat study cost Safeway...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds