RIP Muhammad Ali

03 Jun 2016 22:56 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
A man who became an icon. Rest in peace.

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali dies at age 74
Posted 6:00 pm, June 3, 2016, by Tribune Media Wire, CNN Wire and Web Staff, Updated at 10:39pm

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali has died at age 74 his family announced Friday night.

Earlier this week, Ali was hospitalized for treatment of a respiratory issue. At the time, his spokesperson said Ali was in fair condition and was expected to have a brief hospital stay.

However, Friday night sources told NBC News and the Los Angeles Times the boxing champ’s condition was “grave.”

Timeline: Ali's Life & Career

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2016 23:05 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic RIP Muhammad Ali

• "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
  • "Don’t count the days; make the days count."
  • “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it."
  • "I'm so mean, I make medicine sick."
  • “Braggin' is when a person says something and can’t do it. I do what I say.”
  • “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
30 of Muhammad Ali's best quotes

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

03 Jun 2016 23:10 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic RIP Muhammad Ali
And my favorite:

"When I feel pain, that’s when I start counting, because that’s when it really counts."

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds