An Open Letter to Platte Canyon School District Community

29 Jul 2016 22:41 #1 by 285properties
Hi My Mountain Town Community,

My name is Katie Spodyak and I am a board member on the Platte Canyon School District Board of Education. There is currently a group going around the community that is working to recall me, as well as the other four school board members. I will not get into all of the details on this post.

As a board member I am limited to what I can say publicly and I can only speak for myself and not the board. I am reaching out to you, speaking for myself personally, and asking you to be informed before signing something. Another community group has put together a website to help bring truth to the issues the PACE group has raised. Feel free to check out savetheboard.com or just reach out to me personally.

I am happy to talk to anyone about any of the issues they have presented or anything else you are concerned about. Please don't hesitate to reach out and we can set up a time to chat. My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Please use that vs. private message as I may not see the private message.

I am proud of my time on the school board and I am proud of our school district. I feel so blessed that my husband and I are able to raise our sons in the community we grew up in. This recall effort will cost the school district and ultimately the taxpayers a lot financially. However, the costs of this recall effort to the school district, the community and our children go way beyond financial.

I believe there are more productive ways to collectively come together as a community to work toward solutions to our problems and make our district better. Platte Canyon School District has outstanding and passionate teachers, staff, administrators and parents. I see no reason we can’t work together for solutions instead of launching personal attacks on people.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Katie Spodyak
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2016 07:31 #2 by ScienceChic
Thank you for reaching out to the community Katie, we appreciate it and definitely agree that working together for better solutions is preferable. We'd love any updates you can share about what's going on with the school district: events, news, needs, school information, etc.

Thank you for joining My Mountain Town!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Aug 2016 14:24 #3 by 285properties
Happy to reach out and glad to post updates when I am able. Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds