Final Flight

22 Aug 2010 18:34 #41 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Final Flight

Essexgirlinthemountains wrote: I also posted them on 285bound's facebook page. I'm a little (lot) lacking in computer skills. Sorry guys :Whistle

I sure wish I could have met you. I am not sure what you look like though and I didn't see Lopingalong either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2010 18:37 #42 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Final Flight
I looked for you, Viking, but didn't find you. I couldn't find Becky either. Lots of people there for sure! Essex was near me a lot of the time too, darn it! You'll like her, she's very cool indeed. :)

22 Aug 2010 18:45 #43 by Essexgirlinthemountains
Viking.. I had no idea that many people would show up! It was wonderful! I found Lopingalong and her hubby and a couple of others I know.
I was thinking a lot of 285'ers were probably there and I had no idea who they were. It was a great start to my Sunday.
Think I burned a few brain cells getting thoses pics and videos on here tho! :blondmoment:

22 Aug 2010 18:47 #44 by The Viking

LopingAlong wrote: I looked for you, Viking, but didn't find you. I couldn't find Becky either. Lots of people there for sure! Essex was near me a lot of the time too, darn it! You'll like her, she's very cool indeed. :)

I was hanging out with Tyfars and Localhistorian most of the time. I can't believe I didn't see you. We need to line up a small get together for a few of us.

22 Aug 2010 18:48 #45 by The Viking

Essexgirlinthemountains wrote: Viking.. I had no idea that many people would show up! It was wonderful! I found Lopingalong and her hubby and a couple of others I know.
I was thinking a lot of 285'ers were probably there and I had no idea who they were. It was a great start to my Sunday.
Think I burned a few brain cells getting thoses pics and videos on here tho! :blondmoment:

Wish I could have met you. I think there were a lot of us there but I don't know what many of them look like.

22 Aug 2010 19:02 #46 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Final Flight
Tooting our collective horn here - if you google "last flight from Meyer's ranch" 285Bound's blog page is NUMBER ONE!

22 Aug 2010 20:18 #47 by mtn60
Replied by mtn60 on topic Final Flight
What a turnout !
I was excited and sad this era was ending. I have flown with my cousin and other relatives all pilots, they swore by these old Cessnas.
'There's nothing like taking off and landing on a grass strip' they always said.
Norm's flight paths will be missed.
Thank you for all you've done for the area.

23 Aug 2010 06:51 #48 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Final Flight
This is a much better video than the one I took so I would like to share it with all of you.
What a wonderful morning this was. Watching our history fly away. Mr. Meyer is a wonderfully colorful gentleman.
Please take a moment to read this wonderful story by of our members here.
http://285bound.com/breakingnews/

[youtube:jzwvao4t]
[/youtube:jzwvao4t]

23 Aug 2010 07:44 #49 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Final Flight
Dang....I was there to with the hubby and missed all of you. There were SOOOO many people there wanting to say goodbye to that plane and to say thank you to Mr Meyer for all he has done for our community.

23 Aug 2010 09:45 #50 by The Viking
I have been trying to send this via email and fianlly gave up and put it on youtube. Had I know that this would be watched by more than just me I would have held the camera a little steadier. It was a great moment though.

[youtube:1wxr5fh5]
[/youtube:1wxr5fh5]

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds