Standing Rock

15 Sep 2016 20:57 #1 by RY
Standing Rock was created by RY
I have not seen anything about this important event on MMT, anyone cares?
www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2016 14:13 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Standing Rock
Sure! I have a friend who went to spend a week at the camp, she returned a couple of days ago saying it was an incredible experience and she is forever changed and grateful for going.

I've been mostly following this on Facebook. I wholeheartedly support the tribes - we need to stop our dependence on oil. We cannot continue to put our natural resources and our future at risk.

Some of the videos that brought this to light:
www.facebook.com/IndigenousAmericans/videos/330078584003595/
www.facebook.com/IndigenousAmericans/videos/334781230199997/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Sep 2016 20:44 #3 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Standing Rock
Now seriously why would I want to fund this 'major event'? If there is an issue take it to the courts. The Indian Reservations have a whole lot more money than I do and it is the appropriate approach to the issue. Oh and yes I am part Native American before someone calls me a racist.

22 Sep 2016 15:29 #4 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Standing Rock
beautiful post from one of the fb pages of Standing Rock

Eagle Condor Prophecy

This is the prophecy of the Inka Wayna Qhapaq that says:

“When the Condor of the South comes together with the Eagle of the North, the spirit of Mother Earth – Pacha Mama – will awake, then She will awake millions of her children, this will be the Resurrection of the Dead.”

The prophecy of the Eagle and Condor is remarkable in that it marks the first truly international indigenous prophecy widely embraced by both Native and European-descended peoples.

According to anthropologist Jeff Jenkins, the prophecy of the Eagle and Condor is within several (Andean Quechua, New Mexican Hopi, Guatemalan, Honduran and Mexican Mayan, Ecuadorian Shuar, and other) traditional indigenous cultures of North, Central, and South America. From these different regions come prophecies with a common theme of arriving to a point in time when “the human family would face the choice of evolutionary transformation into symbiotic presence within the more-than-human world or to continue in the destruction of the planet.”

www.eaglequetzalcondor.com/eagle-condor-prophecy/

03 Oct 2016 14:49 #5 by ScienceChic
Sharing with permission from a community member, Brenna Witt , who is heading to Standing Rock next week. Taspen's Organics has agreed to collect items if you would prefer to drop off a donation rather than give cash. They are located at 12424 Big Timber Dr, Conifer (turn at Kings Valley, head south down the frontage road until you reach the large log building on the right)

Please Help!!
My family and I are headed to North Dakota, to the Sacred Stone Camp on October 13th. We will be dropping off donated goods to help them through the winter. It's becoming apparent that we will need a Uhaul to carry all the warm winter clothes, a truck, two wood burning stoves and possibly two enormous canvas tents. We are asking for help to offset the cost of the Uhaul and gas. If you are able and willing to help with these costs we would greatly appreciate it. The Uhaul and truck trailer will cost about $900. Anything over and above that amount we collect will go to purchasing two wood burning stoves at $300 each. If these needs are met, the rest will go to nonperishable food for the camps.

Our goal is $1500. My paypal account is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Update!!
I currently have over $600. Thank you all so so much! If you are interested in donating, there is still time. We don't leave until next week.

Thank you in advance for your kind donation.
Huge love to all my relations.

Please Share!

Here is the link to more information about the Dakota Access Pipeline.
www.sacredstonecamp.org

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: RY

03 Oct 2016 15:38 #6 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Standing Rock
awesome. Do you have a link for this on FB to share?

10 Oct 2016 16:38 #7 by Mountain-News-Events
Replied by Mountain-News-Events on topic Standing Rock
Royal Yoga, you can share this thread right to Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen! It will open a dialog box in which you can type your own message and you can select at the very top of that box whether you want to post it to your own personal timeline, to a Page you admin, or to any group you belong to - just type in the Groups' name.

An update from Brenna:

COAT/WARM CLOTHES DRIVE

Update!!
Only two days left to donate! I'll be excepting items at my shop in Kittredge until tomorrow night. The address is listed below. So far we have collected over 35 bags of stuff. A total of about 692 items. We still need more non-perishable food, warm coats, blankets, and below zero sleeping bags, axes, mauls, hatchets, and water tanks.
I am so grateful for the outpouring of love and support for the water protectors at Standng Rock. Keep in mind they're taking a stand for clean water is not only for the rezervation but, also for the 18 million people whose main water supply is the Missouri River.

My family and I are collecting nonperishable food, coats, blankets and warm winter clothes to take to the Standing Rock Reservation in North Dakota. All sizes are needed. The people at Standing Rock are stopping the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline that is slated to cross the Missouri River. This river is the main water source for 18 million people. They are in for a harsh winter of below zero temperatures. My family will be traveling the 13th of October so all items need to be donated by Tuesday the 11th. If you have any items you are willing to donate, there are currently four drop off locations. Kittredge General Store at 24300 Hill Top Dr., Taspen Organics 12424 Big Timber Road, Set 110 in Conifer, In Touch Massage Therapy at 26030 Hwy 74, Kittredge and Whole Body Balance at 2995 Baseline Rd, Set 101, Boulder. If you have any questions or are interested in donating other items or money, please feel free to call me, Brenna Witt at 720-210-8334.
Thank you for your donation!

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

04 Dec 2016 14:51 #8 by ScienceChic
Breaking news! DAPL has been stopped through Standing Rock!
Army Corps Denies Easement and Blocks the Dakota Access Pipeline
As thousands of veterans descended on Standing Rock, the Army Corps announced the $3.7 billion project won't proceed.
Bethania Palma
34 minutes ago

The Army Corps of Engineers has denied the easement needed to complete the Dakota Access Pipeline, according Colonel Henderson, who first notified Veterans for Standing Rock co-organizer Michael A. Wood Jr.

More than 3,000 veterans had converged at the Standing Rock camp to support the Sioux in their ongoing opposition to the building of a $3.7 billion pipeline that would cross through disputed land managed by the Army Corps of Engineers.

Pipeline Route Denied Near Reservation, Sioux Leader Says

#StandingRock on Twitter

04 Dec 2016 15:00 #9 by ScienceChic

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Attachments:

04 Dec 2016 19:06 #10 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Standing Rock
Until Trump becomes POTUS? :shovelsnow: Might be super cold on those North Dakota plains on January 21. Will have to bring in more oil burners and propane stoves. :snowflake: :coffeenews:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds