Internet service in the mountains and Neteo

24 Sep 2016 17:40 #1 by Yossarian
So, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience serving as a relay station provider for Neteo, the new highspeed internet provider that's expanding in the foothills from Morrison. They contacted us about putting a (small) internet relay station on our property because we're located on the west side of a mountain with line-of-sight views to many homes to our west towards Bailey. The plus would be free internet (24mbps download/5mbps upload), the downside is we get a foot-square box. They would like to talk to us in detail onsite in a couple of weeks. Have any of you had any experience with this, or do you have opinions of Neteo?? All information much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2016 11:00 #2 by ScienceChic
I have mostly good things about Neteo and Ryan, the owner. They are a Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce member which tells me they are serious about making their business succeed; they've also sponsored some of our Chamber events so they do get involved and give back, which lends merit and credibility.

That said, I've not had the opportunity to talk with him personally yet. I hope to soon. It sounds like a great deal he's offering, I'm jealous! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds