Deer Creek Rd. Radical Drivers

29 Nov 2016 17:54 #1 by DDawg
AKA: County Rd. 43 - I've lived up here since '98 off of Shaffers Crossing and lived back in Harris Park twice in the last eighteen years, and recently just bought a house back in Harris Park with my wife, nearly on one of the same streets we lived on before. My complaint is this: Why must my neighbors ride two inches off of my rear bumper? I know this has been a hot topic before with my family and friends, so I want y'alls take on it. The speed limit is there for a reason guys and gals. There's tons of deer and other wildlife, let alone the corners turn to glass in the winter time. I try and "go with the flow" a lot of the time ie; travel five over, but it doesn't seem to appease people. I just want to safely get where I'm going in a reasonable amount of time. I worry about people road raging sometimes with the way they act back there, and thus I worry about my wife because her philosophy is to just turn the mirrors away and ignore it. I'm trying my best but am admittedly losing patience. Years ago I noticed a lot more deputies posted up in places on 43, but not so much lately unless it's in front of the school. Should I request more deputies back there or would I just be wasting breath? Anyway, please drive safe and take a handful of chill pills please, thanks.

-Smokey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2016 09:59 #2 by ScienceChic
Welcome to My Mountain Town SmokeyinHP, we're glad you've joined us! As to your question, it's a complaint I've heard for years of people speeding, tailgating, and dangerously passing on double yellow lines on 43. My only advice would be to call the ParkCo Sheriff's Office and ask them to patrol more often after describing what you've been experiencing. While you are driving, if you can safely pull over and let them around you, please do - it will give you peace of mind and let them make dangerous choices away from you. It's not ideal, but it's what I'd do if I were in that situation. I hope PCSO can help!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Nov 2016 10:16 #3 by HappyCamper
Gotta love 43, if I am doing the speed limit I typically ignore people. If it is bad weather and people don't like how slow I am going when it is safe to do so I pull over and let them around.

Since we moved back to DCVR 13 years ago this is how it has been and well every year there are many slid-off and unfortunately a few deaths.

Do what you feel comfortable with and don't let them rattle you.

:xmaslights:

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds