Help for Family of Holmes Gulch Rd Home Fire

04 Dec 2016 09:36 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Fire recover fund for CCAS rescue

On the early morning hours of Dec 4, 2016 our sister LuAnn Pierce and her husband Chris Brown lost EVERYTHING in a house fire and literally escaped with the clothes on their back and 7 animals. They provided a home to numerous special needs animals of which 3 are still missing. They need IMMEDIATE help with lodging, animal food, litter, carriers, money, shoes, clothes, etc. LuAnn and Chris have provided help to so many people and animals in their lives, we are hoping our family and friends will help them to recovery from this devastating loss. Any help is appreciated no matter how small. Words cannot express our gratitude during this crisis. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for reading, helping and sharing.
Help spread the word!

LuAnn Pierce is involved with the CO Companion Animal Sanctuary , and has posted here before asking for help on behalf of animals in need. If you can give a little back, that would be awesome! They are still missing 4 cats, one of which they are sure is outside. Once firefighters clear the scene, it will be easier to go search for them in the area.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Dec 2016 14:06 #2 by ScienceChic
From Joey Shimp:
If anyone would like to donate to the family that lost everything in the fire this morning. The amazing people at Crow Hill Bible Church behind Loaf and Jug in Bailey have agreed to be a central drop off location for the family. (63555 US HWY 285) 303-838-2259. Donation collection will begin tomorrow at 8 AM to 5 PM (they are not there this afternoon). Two adults, two dogs and several cats. Dog food, cat food, littler, pet carriers are needed. I will update this list as I receive more info and sizes for clothing. Thank you!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Dec 2016 14:29 #3 by Roo
Thank you for posting this!! I was just coming to post it! :) Let me know if anyone has any questions...I'm trying to compile as much info as I can, but they are still out looking for cats. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

04 Dec 2016 21:36 #4 by Roo
They also need pet beds, blankets,towels etc. for the animals. For themselves she just told me cash would work best for right now so they can get what they need and they have no place to put anything yet. They will be stopping by the Church tomorrow. Thanks again!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

05 Dec 2016 09:32 #5 by ScienceChic
Our community rocks! $10,480 of $10k goal raised by 153 people already - thank you!

www.gofundme.com/fire-recover-fund-for-ccas-rescue
:candle:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Dec 2016 17:20 - 05 Dec 2016 17:24 #6 by Roo
Here is the latest from the family!!! Our community does ROCK!!!

Yes, 3 cats still missing, this is a request from my friend:

I'm wondering if anybody locally has any feral cat houses that we could use. It is going to be really cold and snowing and it might be that we could lure them into the warmer areas with tuna or something. We got traps, but just thinking something warm would be nice. or something see if anybody might have any that we could use or would be willing to make them.

Also, please send money to evergreen vet or sano animal hosp to pay for food, medical and treatment for the animals. I believe they are all set for cages and supplies.

Thank you!!!

05 Dec 2016 20:30 #7 by Roo
Here is the latest from my friend on Facebook: we will have three traps and three feral houses around the property. Thanks, alll!

This community is amazing...makes us want to rebuild and stay right here. thank you all, so much. Merlin and the others are safe, warm and we'll cared for with all your help. special props to Sheila Ricewatkins and Evergreen Animal Hosp. and Dr Palmini at Sano...amazing support and hands on help. Anyone who wants to help financially can send money to them for the supplies we are stocking up on there.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds