Study: Colorado ranks third for most sleep-related driving deaths, Hwy 285

06 Dec 2016 18:27 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Study: Colorado ranks third for most sleep-related driving deaths
Posted 10:13 am, December 5, 2016, by Chuck Hickey

DENVER — Colorado has the third-most driving fatalities related to drivers falling asleep behind the wheel, according to a study released Monday.

Sleep Junkie estimated 1 in 25 adult drivers have fallen asleep while driving. It looked at six years of fatal driving accidents for the study.

Highway 285 and Interstate 76 are among the most dangerous roads for sleep-related traffic deaths, according to the study.

Among highways, U.S. 285 from Texas through New Mexico and Colorado was ranked as the most dangerous with 18.09 percent of driving deaths attributed to sleeping.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2016 09:31 #2 by FredHayek
Seems logical to someone like me who lives in South Park. Nothing is close and you spend a lot of time in the truck without much to keep you alert.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds