Carrigans and Martin sue Park County Sheriff

16 Dec 2016 09:28 #1 by Ashley
About time. Not that the Sheriff's Dept will clean up this mess. So sad that someone has to die and also be injured before it gets their attention and even then will anything be done? I hope the Carrigans and Kolby win and that the Sheriff's Dept has to clean it up and implement new rules. I suggest in the meantime that Sheriff Wegener go in first. We wouldn't be discussing any of this had he been at the forefront on the Wirth situation. RIP Nate Carrigan. Kolby thank you for being brave enough to stand your ground.

www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news...is-death-in-shootout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2016 11:54 #2 by Ashley
Here's a link to Channel 9 News story. If you scroll further down in the article it has a link to the entire filing of the lawsuit. It is an interesting read. My hats off to the Carrigans and Martin for fighting for what they believe is right. Wegener and Hancock could save us a huge amount of time and money by resigning now rather than later. How many more lives will be lost or injured before adequate measures are taken.

www.9news.com/news/investigations/family...6?platform=hootsuite

18 Dec 2016 13:31 #3 by ScienceChic
Thank you for the links Ashley, I'll be reading through the filing in a bit.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Feb 2017 11:00 #4 by Mountain-News-Events
Former deputy sues Park County Sheriff’s Office over deadly shootout
By Julie Hayden and Web Staff
February 24, 2017

DENVER -- The Park County Sheriff's Office dedicated a flag and memorial in honor of Corporal Nate Carrigan who died in the line of duty one year ago Friday.

That memorial comes at the same time another former deputy filed a federal lawsuit against the department.

The lawsuit claims the incident in which Carrigan was shot and killed could've been avoided.

It's the second lawsuit against the sheriff's office in the case of a routine eviction that turned into a deadly gun battle on February 24, 2016.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds