Microsoft Office

19 Aug 2010 17:49 #1 by computerhounds
I apologize to everyone for the long hiatus, but my father in law was sick for a long time and my wife and I traveled to the western slope every week. He passed away last Sunday. Another great WWII veteran left us. May he rest in peace.

Microsoft Office:
Microsoft through Windows automatic updates has disabled a version of Office PRO 2003 that had a FREE product key and had been around for years. I think it was a free version for IBM private testing only. However Microsoft needs more money, they laid off more than 5000 people recently. Office 2010 is what they are pushing right now, Office 2010 Pro retail version is $499.00! For less money, you can download you own software and burn your own DVD and pay for a product key for $100… Or you can buy each individual package Word, or Excel, or Publisher for $129.00 EACH! However you can still use your old version of Office (2003 or 2007) and transfer them to your new tower or laptop. Another way to get cheaper versions of Office is to have a student at a college purchase a full version at student prices, usually half price. Also dealers that have older stock are present on Amazon website and are selling original older copies (2003, 2007), so stock up!
Or you can use Open Office from Sun Microsystems, it is still free!

I heard also that ATA drives (the ones with pins, NOT the new Sata connectors) for tower on older PCs are going away. Staples did not have any stock for the past 2 weeks. I purchased a full case (20 pieces) of new 320GB Western Digital. Call us if you need a new drive with a 3 year warranty!

I also have a few 17" CRT FREE to a good home! and always used LCDs from 15" to 22" from $40 and up.

We are Computer Hounds located in the Conifer Market Place shopping center, next to H&R Block.
Check our new website at the end of this month [url=http://www.computerhounds.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.computerhounds.com[/url]
or email your questions at .
Questions or concerns, call us at 303-219-0143 or 303-816-0270

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2010 18:14 #2 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Microsoft Office
Hi Computer Hounds!

So good to have you back. Our sympathies to your family. Let us know if 285Bound.com can help in any way.

We love your articles.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

26 Aug 2010 17:33 #3 by Tsunami
Replied by Tsunami on topic Microsoft Office
I am interested in one of the ATA drives for my 10 year old Compaq. Could you please PM me with a price or list it here for me? Thanks

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds