Those who do not trust the media...

08 Aug 2017 23:17 #11 by ramage
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2018 20:41 #12 by spurlde
I would love it if the news commentators would just report the news...without the personal slant and innuendos. It just gets so tiresome, and frankly I don't care to hear their personal opinions. Yes, the news for the most part is slanted decidedly to the left. 90% of the time I search out other stations that may have a different "opinion", just to get "the rest if the story"...wouldn't it be wonderful to have Paul Harvey back...

22 Jan 2018 12:53 #13 by ScienceChic
It would indeed be lovely if they would stick with the facts, and leave out the emotional manipulation and scare tactics. I can't say that I totally agree with it being left-leaning, as there are sources that are equally right-leaning, it would simply be nice to have information only presented. Frankly, it's why I don't watch TV news - I get everything in print/electronic media written form. It's easier to take your time and analyze it for bias, what's missing, etc. To each their own!

I do miss Paul Harvey, he was awesome...

Welcome spurlde and thank you for your comments!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Sep 2019 01:02 #14 by BarryBaker
Nice suggestions and tips are given.

24 Sep 2019 07:18 #15 by homeagain

ScienceChic wrote: It would indeed be lovely if they would stick with the facts, and leave out the emotional manipulation and scare tactics. I can't say that I totally agree with it being left-leaning, as there are sources that are equally right-leaning, it would simply be nice to have information only presented. Frankly, it's why I don't watch TV news - I get everything in print/electronic media written form. It's easier to take your time and analyze it for bias, what's missing, etc. To each their own!

I do miss Paul Harvey, he was awesome...

Welcome spurlde and thank you for your comments!

bolded....my method of research....I rqst WSJ in print, because content can NOT be changed
it is hard copy.....electronic is another story.

THANKS for input Spurlde....It Is ALWAYS awesome to hear another pov.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds