Those who do not trust the media...

16 Jul 2017 21:57 #1 by ScienceChic
:silly: This made me chuckle for the irony that we complain about the media while continuing to check it every day for the latest information.

From www.facebook.com/bizarrocomics/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2017 15:38 #2 by ramage
Would someone please tell me or point me in the right direction with regards to posting a picrture/cartoon, etc in message, such as the above cartoon.

25 Jul 2017 11:05 #3 by ScienceChic

ramage wrote: Would someone please tell me or point me in the right direction with regards to posting a picrture/cartoon, etc in message, such as the above cartoon.

How to upload and post a picture tutorial in our FAQ forum: mymountaintown.com/forum/my-mountain-tow...d-and-post-a-picture

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Jul 2017 09:07 #4 by FredHayek
Cute, but there really is too much advocacy journalism. 90% of reporters are Democrats so they limit the amount of reporting about abuses of their party. And have gone into full attack mode on President Trump.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jul 2017 12:42 #5 by ramage
SC.
Thank you, will give it a try.
Ramage

28 Jul 2017 13:44 #6 by ramage
Attachments:

28 Jul 2017 14:31 #7 by ramage
SC,
Thank you very much for the referral to the "Help tutorial".
More to follow.
Ramage
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

28 Jul 2017 15:18 #8 by ScienceChic
You're most welcome, thanks for the cartoon, it made me smile!

FH, journalism has always had its critics, and its faults. What has always been the case is that it is incumbent upon the readers to critically assess each piece they read for what isn't said, for what the opposite view could be, for what angle/bias/blind spot the writer could have. I am highly skeptical of your claim that "90% of reporters are Democrats" - do you have a source for that stat? There are good sources and there are bad ones, if people took a little more responsibility then we wouldn't have so much of the crap we do have now for "news." All that being said, it still doesn't negate that our free press is absolutely required for our democracy and that for all its faults and people's complaints, we still read them every day. That's why I shared this cartoon, to make you smile and maybe have a small ah-ha moment. :)

Anyone in our government who complains about them publicly is suspect in trying to subvert our democratic processes. They can dislike them all they like, but the instant they enter into public service, they must accept that the press is there to keep an eye on them and report on what they do and say. Our Founding Fathers specifically built into the constitution freedom of the press because it is that important.

29 Jul 2017 09:19 #9 by FredHayek
You believe that reporters are predominately Republican? LOL, I guess we are still in the humor section, right? Reporters are liberal, I went to a university with many journalism students, and they were left compared to the rest of the student body. Their corporate bosses? They tend to be capitalists, and want stories that get ratings. And right now bashing Trump is helping the ratings of MSNBC. So expect the slanted coverage to continue. Meanwhile Debbie Wasserman's legal problems are being ignored by the majority of media.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Jul 2017 21:49 #10 by hillfarmer
Extrapolating from a small number of journalism students at your school is called sampling bias. That sample may or may not represent the rest of journalism students. It most certainly does not represent journalists who are out of college and working. Do you have any real data to backup your claim, or are you simply repeating what Brietbart and Infowars say? What kind of bias do those sources have? If news sources are really only out to print whatever will get the best ratings, does that apply to all journalists? Does it apply equally to right and left biased journalism?

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds