Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener says he will not run for re-election next year

30 Nov 2017 20:09 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener says he will not run for re-election next year following 2016 shootout that killed deputy
Fred Wegener has led the Park County Sheriff’s Office since 1999
By Jesse Paul | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | The Denver Post
PUBLISHED: November 27, 2017

Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener, facing lawsuits and criticism following a shootout last year in Bailey that left one of his deputies dead, says he will not run for re-election next year after nearly 20 years in office.

“I’m ready to retire,” Wegener told The Denver Post on Monday.

The Flume newspaper in Park County reported that Wegener had said before being elected to his current term in 2014 that it would be his last.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Dec 2017 06:56 #2 by CC
I don't think the county can afford another term from Fred Wegener. This is good news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds