Missing: Platte Canyon HS Student Maggie Long

01 Dec 2017 22:29 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
From Lynna Long on Facebook : Please anybody who is from Bailey, Colorado I need your help. My sister Maggie Long is missing. If you have seen or heard from her please contact the police, and my sister Connie Long. PM for her cell phone. The time is of the essence. She is 17 yo, Asian Female, long brown hair with blonde highlights. She was supposed to be at the high school concert tonight, ANY DETAILS are welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2017 23:04 #2 by MountainTownAlerts

Please anybody who is from Bailey, Colorado I need your help. My sister Maggie Long is missing.

If you have seen or heard from her please contact the police, and my sister Connie Long. PM for her cell phone. The time is of the essence.

She is 17 yo, Asian Female, long brown hair with blonde highlights. She was supposed to be at the Platte Canyon high school concert tonight, ANY DETAILS are welcome, SOMEBODY KNOWS SOMETHING!
Attachments:

02 Dec 2017 09:33 #3 by ScienceChic
No updates as of this morning other than there was apparently a fire near Maggie's home yesterday. We don't know if that is related or not, but her car is still at the house so she didn't drive anywhere.

She was the one who organized the concert at Platte Canyon HS last night and for her to not be there, and suddenly missing, is very uncharacteristic of her according to friends and family. The Speech Club was supposed to leave for a trip this morning and canceled going to stay and look for their teammate. She is an active member of The Venue Theatre and they are worried too. Please boost her picture, share this info, and keep an eye out for her. We've not heard if the Park County Sheriff's Office will be issuing an Amber Alert or any info, but we assume that they have been alerted and are investigating her disappearance and the fire. We'll post updates as we hear more.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Dec 2017 15:27 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
From Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener:

The Park County Sheriff's is activatly working a crime scene off of County 43 and as of this time there are no search parties being organized however if in the event one is needed in the near future the Park County Sheriff's office will ask for volunteers.q

We do not know if this is in regards to Maggie or not, no official word has been given, nor has an Amber Alert been issued.

From Lynna Long:

12/2 12:46 p:
Thank you everyone for all your support this far, and the outpouring of help has been overwhelming.

Right now we are focused on Maggie’s communications from after school (approx 2:30pm) until 8pm. If you had any contact please reach out. If you have heard anything strange or seen anything out of the ordinary, it might be a significant detail. Please help us to fill in the gap.

Park county Sheriff substation number: (303)838-4441

02 Dec 2017 17:32 #6 by MountainTownAlerts
Sheriff Fred Wegener expects to be able to release a statement next morning.

Platte Canyon High School Senior Reported Missing
By Deborah Swearingen and Sal Christ, Canyon Courier
Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 11:39 am (Updated: December 2, 5:11 pm)

03 Dec 2017 08:37 #7 by MountainTownAlerts
Per the Park County Sheriff's Office: "Do to the serious nature of this investigation. We ask that you keep the Long Family in your prayers. We are not able to release any further information at this time."

Girl Missing Following Arson Fire At Family’s Home
December 2, 2017 7:53 PM

PARK COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – A fire at a home near Bailey may be connected to the disappearance of a teenage girl, CBS4 has learned.

Park County Undersheriff Dave Wohlers said Saturday the house fire is being investigated as an arson.

The home at 3763 Park County Road 43 belongs to 54-year-old San Ca Long, according to online public records.

Undersheriff Wohlers confirmed investigators are considering the missing girl’s possible involvement in the fire.

However, he said, there are no suspects regarding the arson.

Wohlers also said there was no body found at the scene of the fire.

Maggie is still missing, please share this poster, with thanks to Platte Canyon Colorado Grads for it, and keep an eye out for her.
Attachments:

03 Dec 2017 13:27 #8 by MyMountainTown
The Park County Sheriff's Office is aware of the community's frustrations at the lack of information that they've been able to share; they ask that you please be patient and bear with them as they conduct the investigation with CBI. They will communicate more as soon as they are able.

Per Sheriff Fred Wegener, by phone

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

03 Dec 2017 15:13 #9 by CanyonCourier
UPDATE: The ParkCo Sheriff's Office is still investigating the disappearance of Platte Canyon HS student #MaggieLong. While a proper update from the dept. was expected this A.M., the sheriff has since told me that he's still unable to release any further information. /1

No press conference about the #MaggieLong is expected to take place today. However, we (@CanyonCourier, @djswearingen, @MHicks12571 and the rest of us) will do our best to keep you updated on the latest developments. /-fin-

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC, Tiffani, smf

03 Dec 2017 18:13 #10 by Mountain-News-Events
From the Platte Canyon School District:

Dear Platte Canyon Families:

As you are most likely aware, our community is dealing with a situation of a missing student. Of course, we are all hoping for the best. As of this time, we have no further information to share.

Please be assured that starting tomorrow morning, we will have support resources available for students and staff.

There are also community resources available to families, staff, and students by calling the crisis hot line at 1-844-493-8255 or by using Text “TALK” to 38255 or by visiting the following website at coloradocrisisservices.org

I know this is a difficult time for everyone, but together we will get through this.

With Sincerity,
Dr. Brenda Krage, Superintendent

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds