Vehicle stolen in Evergreen ends up in high speed chase in Georgia

11 Dec 2017 10:02 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
The vehicle in this story was stolen from the parking lot at the Rocky Mountain High Restaurant & Bar in Evergreen last month. The thief was apprehended in Georgia after going to Panama FL.

High-speed chase through Woodbine leads to multiple charges
By Jeremy Spencer
November 15, 2017

Camden County law enforcement patrolling I-95 clocked a vehicle traveling at 91 mph in a 70 mph speed zone which quickly turned into a high-speed chase into the city limits of Woodbine on Tuesday. The patrol officer began to initiate a traffic stop when the driver failed to stop and began to accelerate to 120 mph near mile marker 13.

The vehicle continued onto Kinlaw where patrol officers used a P.I.T. maneuver causing the suspect’s vehicle to enter the ditch near Kinlaw Road and Daisey Ave. The officers pulled their weapons on the suspect and ordered him to exit the vehicle. The suspect refused to exit the vehicle. Law enforcement removed the suspect, Joseph Rudnick, 29, of Lakewood Colorado, from the vehicle where handcuffs were applied. Rudnick tried to retrieve a knife from his back pocket while laying on the ground. Law enforcement secured the knife and placed handcuffs on Rudnick.

A passenger, Amanda Marie New, 27, of Denver Colorado, was also apprehended where it was later discovered that she had marijuana. Both suspects were traveling from Jacksonville in a stolen vehicle from Panama City, FL displaying an invalid Florida tag. Further investigation found syringes, a glass meth pipe, and alcoholic beverage containers in the suspect’s vehicle. Amanda New was later determined to be involved in the theft of the stolen vehicle and was also arrested for theft.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds