Poignant Message from MissChris about Gratitude

20 Dec 2017 12:09 #1 by ScienceChic
MissChris is our resident photographer who posts beautiful photos she takes of the area on our Facebook Page. She wrote this message on her own page today which made me cry, and gave permission to share it. I hope you find it as inspiring as I do.

Yesterday I had to mail my last & FINAL thing before Christmas. The Postal Workers are working their fingers, feet & backs to the bone, they have been working extremely long hours for the last 3 weeks & no rest in sight until possibly after the New Year. They don't get any credit or barely any Thank You's from the Customers & sometimes even yelled at if they can't find their precious packages that are stacked literally to the ceilings. I had to go in last Friday & luckily I always make friends in the line & we end up cheering up the crowd, yesterday was no exception except for one extremely rude xxxxx that there was no changing her demeanor even if we were Santa Claus ourselves.

I finally got to my Worker & I got my favorite one. I asked her if she had a break today she said 6 hours ago, but she had yesterday off. I said of Thank Goodness how many days had it been since you had one? She said 10 & I have been working until 2 or 3 in the morning but my check will be great but my cat misses me. I asked her if she had a good day off, she said I met my girlfriend & her husband for dinner & we were waiting outside to go in but he collapsed, we had to call 911 & he later died, we knew it coming but just not that soon. I stood there shocked, not knowing what to say. She said, I'm glad I got to see him on my day off, but I sure wish I would of been able to have a meal with him too. I reached over & hugged her & thanked her for her tireless hours & for always having a smile on her face no matter what & wished her a Merry Christmas.

It once again put into perspective how much we all take for granted in our lives. We ALL need to take a second in our busy lives & Thank the people who are working behind the counters at the Post Office, UPS, Convenience Stores, Grocery Stores, Office Supply Stores, Everywhere you are going in & using their services in your hustle bustle to get your Christmas stuff done, you need to thank that person on the other side who is helping you make it possible to get it done! They are away from their families, working long hours so they can serve you & make your Christmas Brighter!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds